Best brisket in 4 years

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

linehand

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
Wichita ks
Today was my daughter's 9th birthday and she requested ribs and pulled pork.
I decided since I'd have our big stick burner fired up instead of my wife's traeger I would toss on a small flat brisket and keep it simple with SPOG and mustard. The butt ended up taking 14 hrs and the brisket was done in 9 hrs so it rested wrapped in a cooler longer than normal.Turned out everything was awesome but this little brisket was the most tender and juiciest ever. I think from now on I will keep it simple and rest it longer!

Wish my nine year old daughter would request ribs and pulled pork. I did finally get her to eat brisket by letting her put ketchup on it..... I cried a little inside.

Nice job!  Now that you mention it, my best brisket rested in a cooler for quite some time.  I think your onto something here.

Mike

Ya I've gotten that as well the bark is tasty but soft I've been reading about it but haven't found much

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky