Bell Fab smoker owners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joe black

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2015
Greenville, SC
Bell owners: Please post any pros/cons, comments, pictures. There doesn't seem to be anything to find out there and I am desperate for info.

Please respond and thanks in advance, Joe

I hadnt heard of them, but a quick google search they look to be a pretty quality custom built pit

website just shows trailer mounted units

you looking at getting something custom built or found one used?

Thanks Red, they will build anything you want. I'm going for a custom backyard model. Have looked at their website, but not much build info there.

Hey, Joe  email them and tell them you are interested and want a complete breakdown and pictures of the inside

Gary

Somewhere in a forum someone had referred to the Bell site and I visited. When I saw what they had, I thought it looked pretty good. I talked with Mr. Bell and he was very courteous. He seemed to know quite a lot about the operation and nuances of smokers. With all that, I still would like to speak with some owners who could shed some light on how they are pleased with their smokers or what they don't particularly like about them. Maybe some mods that have had to make.

Thanks very much, Gary. As usual you're on top of things. I looked at the sites that you suggested and they were very helpful. They answered several of my questions and gave me a really good feeling.

Thanks again, Joe

Your welcome, Post some pics when you get that bad boy

Gary

cooked on one at a contest in skiatook ok we placed first in ribs and third over all will be talking to him about buying my own soon

I couldn't be more pleased with my Bell Fab custom made smoker.  100% custom made to my specs with all the modifications done as I instructed during fabrication.  Modeled after the Yoder Durango and the Horizon Ranger...all for about 1/2 the price of the Yoder.

Can't recommend Craig Bell enough.  Custom built this for me based off the Yoder Durango and Horizon Ranger models...for about half the price.  Note that this included all the mods I asked for.  Once again, highly recommend Bell Fab.

Last edited:
Congrats on that bad boy. I have a traditional horizontal that Craig made for me almost two years ago and I absolutely love it. Heats well, holds heat well, and cooks great food. Craig Bell puts out a quality product that needs more exposure. He is one of the best kept secrets in BBQ smoker fabrication.

Hello, I’m new to these forums. I recently got on Craig Bell’s wait list for a custom built offset and my build is 10 weeks out. I’d like to see if any current Bell Fab smoker owners here have any advice on what customizable features they really like on their current offset, what they wish they had added, and what customizations (if any) they wish they hadn’t spent the money for. For reference I am looking at the 2’x3’ Backyard Grill with cylindrical FB. Craig said he could put a lid on the FB with a cooking grate as well. He also said he could do a side door to the FB and a pot warmer as well (although he said because I wanted the top lid on the FB the pot warmer would sit off the back side most likely). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I love my smoker from Craig. I didnt get crazy with customizing other than I had him set it up so it had two rods that run the length of the smoker for hanging sausage. I'd probably prefer the door of the FB be on the end rather than on the side but that's just nitpicking. My rig is built like a tank and everything I've made on it has turned out extremely good.

Reactions: aknaff
Thanks for the reply Ben. A removable sausage hanger is one of the options I discussed with Craig and plan on in the build. How easy is your Bell offset to move around? I have been hearing that even the smallest of the offsets that he makes weight around 800 lbs. (with the 3/8" steel).

Hello, I’m new to these forums. I recently got on Craig Bell’s wait list for a custom built offset and my build is 10 weeks out. I’d like to see if any current Bell Fab smoker owners here have any advice on what customizable features they really like on their current offset, what they wish they had added, and what customizations (if any) they wish they hadn’t spent the money for. For reference I am looking at the 2’x3’ Backyard Grill with cylindrical FB. Craig said he could put a lid on the FB with a cooking grate as well. He also said he could do a side door to the FB and a pot warmer as well (although he said because I wanted the top lid on the FB the pot warmer would sit off the back side most likely). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I think TNJAKE TNJAKE has one of these he might be able to give you some helpful tips.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky