Bel Air Newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeybottomboy

Original poster
Feb 7, 2014
Bel Air, MD
Good evening all. Would like to say hello and thank you for the opportunity to join your group.  I've been 'lurking'  though I don't care for that word for a time and thought I'd try to put a face with a name.  I've been a competitive bbq'er for over 13 years.  last few - health issues have precluded that.  Cancer DOES suck.. But back stronger than ever. My wife and I live in Bel Air MD , home of one of the larger KCBS bbq events the second weekend of each August, with our 3 kids,  I've had a restaurant in North-Eastern MD (Aberdeen) for a time but had to give that up.  I've learned so much so quickly I have to admit I am in sensory OVERLOAD with everything I've read

in the past few weeks.  I look forward to sharing with and LEARNING FROM America's truly genuine craftsman.  Thank you for your much anticipated fellowship

all the best - Tim

Welcome Tim. Glad to have you with us. Sorry to hear of your setbacks but glad to know you are working through them.  We are all happy to help each other learn new ways of smoking meat.

Mike

Evening So MS.  Thanks for the kind words. Not a setback just 'someone' saying - stop and smell the roses -which is what I'm panning on doing with you fine folks.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Well hello!! Neighbor's indeed! I have the Green Egg going this am waiting on the snow and trying my hand at some snack sticks and or treats for the dogs whichever way the smoker blows

Well hello!! Neighbor's indeed! I have the Green Egg going this am waiting on the snow and trying my hand at some snack sticks and or treats for the dogs whichever way the smoker blows
I hope the snow passes us. Good luck on your smoke today. I'm hoping to do a beer butt chicken and bacon/cheddar cheese balls on my kamado tomorrow.

I didn't get a chance to do them. My wife had plans for last night that she failed to tell me about. Oh well, at least there was beer. I'll do them one night this week. How did yours come out?

Welcome to the fourm, from Frederick county Md. Glad to hear your coming back from the cancer. I didn't smoke today , but as I go out to light the grill , it is snow pretty good now. It should be up your way in a hour. Again welcome.

Hey Shinny - thanks to the good folks on the forum, they turned out better than I would have expected.  only started with a pound of ground beef so the loss if I messed up would be minimal, but my kids actually like them.  smoked them on the egg 3 hours at 130  then finished in the oven.  a good first result does wonders for your confidence.  Now i'll just wait for the shoe to drop on my next batch - Thursday i'm guessing during Snowmeggadon

Hello Gone4NC and THANK YOU for the greeting. My beautiful daughter spends considerable time in your neck-of-the-woods as my future son-in-law lives in Fredrick.  Let me know if there are any sightings of a wild 6' tall brunette running down main st!

Glad to have you onboard with us Tim. When I saw your Thread Title I was hoping to see a classy Tri-5 for your avatar. I have a '55 4 door Bel Air that's my summer time drivng car.

Ma Dutch (me lovely Bride of 35 years) has been down the cancer road and has been cancer free the last 2 years. Glad to hear that your back stronger than ever!

You're right about getting sensory overload; like I sometimes tell folk, we have so many recipes here at SMF you can plan a whole menu from appetizers, main dish, sides and dessert.

Enjoy the Smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky