Beignets ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They look great Foam. Thanks for the recipe, sounds simple to prep.
Never been to NOLA. I have seen a few programs about Café du Monde. It looks like they put 2-3X more Sugar than you used.
In PA the Fried Dough of choice, batter actually, is Funnel Cake. In NJ there is a big Italian influence, can't go to a Church Carnival or Fair and not get a bag of Zeppoles...

Thanks Chef

I always wondered about all that sugar too. It looks pretty but it most all falls off when eating. LOL

Funnel calkes were always fair/carnival faire here. They are a lot more like churo's in Mexico, now Sopaillas are basically beignets with honey squeezed inside vice powdered sugar. They are pretty good too!.

I was so surprised when I was in W.Texas N.Mexico and Mexico how close the sopapillas are to beignets and they squeeze honey down inside those suckers. Mmmmm Good.
When I worked in Santa Fe my cooks would make stuffed sopapillas (meat, beans & cheese...) for lunch every now and then. The first time I saw them do that I grabbed one out of the fryer and hit it with powdered sugar thinking of home. They looked at me like I was crazy. :emoji_astonished:

Thanks Foam, you got me thinking about making some or flying home...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky