BEHOLD!!!!!! WSM 22.5

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lubbocksmoker

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 20, 2011
Lubbock Texas
My new WSM 22.5.. It is a thing of beauty (tear drop).. 1st smoke this weekend, I almost envy the pork that is going to go in there

My wife and kid asked "our you putting it together now? (it was 7:45 pm) why hell ya!!

drool.gif
drool.gif

d97ad09c_DSC04044.jpg

online @ Lowes.com $399.99 no shipping had to pay tax, however will make some back b/c people have started asking me to make them food for $$$$$$

Nice Score!

I would like to get one, but $400 is a little tough on the budget.

Todd

Congrats... My 22.5 came last Tuesday... I went with AimToFind.com... 364 no shipping or tax... I set it up the night it came also... I hope to fire it up Saturday for its first Run... It is in my living room now LOL... i am contemplating leaving it there as a piece of art LOL... the family doesn't see it that way though... they claim to feel like they are in "Lost in Space" i keep getting "Danger Will Robinson" when i walk into the room LOL!!! but it will be heading out back this weekend for good when i hopefully fire it up!

Pictures dont do this thing justice... Am I right??? I mean it is so much bigger and nicer looking in person...

Congrats... My 22.5 came last Tuesday... I went with AimToFind.com... 364 no shipping or tax... I set it up the night it came also... I hope to fire it up Saturday for its first Run... It is in my living room now LOL... i am contemplating leaving it there as a piece of art LOL... the family doesn't see it that way though... they claim to feel like they are in "Lost in Space" i keep getting "Danger Will Robinson" when i walk into the room LOL!!! but it will be heading out back this weekend for good when i hopefully fire it up!

Pictures dont do this thing justice... Am I right??? I mean it is so much bigger and nicer looking in person...

I was actually considering painting mine to look like R2-D2!

And you're right, all this time, I'd thought they were about hip height, but I could take the racks out and hide in it while playing hide 'n' seek with my nephews.

Grats! You will love your WSM, just remeber they run hot till the smoke residue fills all the little gaps and what not - usually about 6-10 smokes. Grats again, and don't forget the Q-view when you fire that beast up!

You can never go wrong with anything made by Weber. Especially the WSM! Congrats!

I've heard the 22.5 is an absolute grizzly bear in terms of sheer size and build quality. I'm looking forward to picking one up in the near future along with an iQue 110 so I can change my handle here to "used to be too lazy for charcoal".   
biggrin.gif

the thing is freakin' huge and stout!

I wish the lid and belly hatch were better sealed, they seem to let alot out, my only complaints.

I did end up screening in the charcoal rack with 1/4" steel mesh to keep the smaller bits of charcoal from sneaking out through the bars in the grate.

the thing is freakin' huge and stout!

I wish the lid and belly hatch were better sealed, they seem to let alot out, my only complaints.

I did end up screening in the charcoal rack with 1/4" steel mesh to keep the smaller bits of charcoal from sneaking out through the bars in the grate.
Try spinning the lid around until it seems to fit better, and for the "belly hatch", gently bend it to fit the profile of the drum. It will not seal perfectly & Weber will tell you that it's not designed to seal tight. It will still smoke like a bandit.

Thanks for the tips Al!

I was thinking about smearing some high-temp RTV around the perimeter of the opening.

Try spinning the lid around until it seems to fit better, and for the "belly hatch", gently bend it to fit the profile of the drum. It will not seal perfectly & Weber will tell you that it's not designed to seal tight. It will still smoke like a bandit.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky