BEHOLD!!!!!! WSM 22.5

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have been debating on puting a thin roap gasket on the ledge where the lid rests..... just have to find a thin enough one.

I'm jealous!  My 22.5 WSM won't arrive until March 23rd!!  Got it from Amazon.com for 375 - no shipping.
Hah, you're jealous....?  I'm jealous of you because I have to wait until my tax refund shows up (the accountant just finished figuring it out so it isn't even sent in) before I can even order one.  Now how do you feel?  Better?  Hope so, you lucky dog.
thumb.gif

Got my new 22.5" WSM a couple of weeks ago!!!  This thing is huge, but I have not had a chance to use it yet...

Calm down.....the ribs are going on this weekend.  I'm in school and spend my weekends writing papers and doing research, so the smoking has to wait, unfortunately.
help.gif

I've been using an offset Chargriller and am looking forward to not having to adjust the vents every few minutes!

Congrats PG!

If you have a free afternoon, visit your local butchers, and see if they can huuk you up with beef trim. Spefically fatcap trim, and get a few pounds of it. Get your WSM fired up, and smoke that trim smoked to death to help season it before the first use. Until that season is built up, it'll be difficult to control the temps on your WSM.

If you can't source beef fat, just sacrifice a can of PAM to the greater good, and hose the interior down. You need something in there for the soot and carbon to stick to and dull the finish a bit.

Good luck!

Got my new 22.5" WSM a couple of weeks ago!!!  This thing is huge, but I have not had a chance to use it yet...

Calm down.....the ribs are going on this weekend.  I'm in school and spend my weekends writing papers and doing research, so the smoking has to wait, unfortunately.
help.gif

I've been using an offset Chargriller and am looking forward to not having to adjust the vents every few minutes!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky