Beets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 11, 2007
Cumberland Co. PA
Got a few red beets to pickle & can today
EB045D7F-1019-4DC8-949F-4943DEFC4B0D.jpeg

My wife would be in heaven. Those look good.

Chris

Just wondering how you pickle them- do you go sweet? Spicy? I've had both. I am not very good at trying to make up my own pickling recipes and I always find store bought pickled beets are painfully bland.

Just vinegar, sugar & the broth from cooking the beets. KIS is the way I like to make most stuff.

Ahh- I never seem to do that..I start with KIS. Then end up doing the 'It's pretty bloody complicated' method.. Problem with getting ideas half way through..

Been there done that. Then it seem to always go back to simple. Years ago I had a very heavy ingredients deer bologna recipe. I make for a few years. One day the wife says u know this isn’t really that good. WOW I was set back. Did some searching an came up with a recipe that is pretty simple. Of course had to do a little tweaking. Now everybody loves it. Family can get away with being critical but that’s what I like Honest guinea pigs.

Been there done that. Then it seem to always go back to simple. Years ago I had a very heavy ingredients deer bologna recipe. I make for a few years. One day the wife says u know this isn’t really that good. WOW I was set back. Did some searching an came up with a recipe that is pretty simple. Of course had to do a little tweaking. Now everybody loves it. Family can get away with being critical but that’s what I like Honest guinea pigs.
I find I always try to spice up recipes is my problem. Like I legitimately enjoy a kick in the gut level of heat some times, but they -never- work out as intended. LOL

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky