Beer marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
I have to cook Tri Tips for 40 people this weekend. I asked the chef at our golf course what he uses to marinade T. T. and he uses beer! Been BBQing for a long time smoking for 10 years but never heard of beer for a marinade. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Reactions: chopsaw
Honestly I don’t think TT needs a marinade. I I would just use S&P, and toward the end of the cook I would put a couple patties of butter & a little lemon juice on the steaks. That is the way we cook all our steaks. You may want to keep it simple & let the meat shine thru. But I’m sure some of the Cali guys will chime in & give you a lot more ideas.
Al

Alcohol of all kinds is used in brines and marinades.... beer or wine might be the most common choices. Are you talking straight beer?

I got some of these with an order from Owens BBQ awhile back . Mixes with a small amount of beer and other stuff . Works good . How much beer does he use ? These packs only use 3 Tbls.
20210919_103512.jpg
How much beer does he use ?
Just did this thread . I used a 4 pepper mix of the beer 30 .
Had great flavor .

Maybe the alcohol tenderizes it a bit? A few hours in Sous Vide would do that but with that many servings it may be out of the question.
I've never been a fan of cooking with beer.
Don't get me wrong, I love beer (a little too much actually) but I don't want my meat tasting of it.
Why don't you try one this week and see what you think before doing all of them?

I always cook shrimp in beer and old bay ! It’s awesome ! Never did any meat with it though .

I've seen recipes with Beer and basically a Teriyaki marinade for Beef. I prefer to Drink my Beer and use other stuff to flavor beef or Brats...JJ

Bloody Mary mix and beer make an absolute killer beef marinade.

Make sure you open the beers the night before and add a shake of salt too them.
Flat beer is what you want as far as marinades go.

1 jug of Bloody Mary mix and 2 to 4 cans of Bud. heavy is how it's made .

Add a little garlic powder and onion powder too the marinade.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I got some of these with an order from Owens BBQ awhile back . Mixes with a small amount of beer and other stuff . Works good . How much beer does he use ? These packs only use 3 Tbls.
View attachment 511136
How much beer does he use ?
Just did this thread . I used a 4 pepper mix of the beer 30 .
Had great flavor .
You must have killer taste buds to taste 3TBs of beer in a marinade .

Thanks everybody. I think I'll stick with what I know. Salt, pepper ,onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
Stay safe

Reactions: forktender
Thanks everybody. I think I'll stick with what I know. Salt, pepper ,onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
Stay safe
That is really all they need.
They do take marinade up really well but all they really need is the basics. Cook it hot and fast over real wood coals and remove it from the heat at an internal temp of 130* let it rest for 10 minutes uncovered and it will be killer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky