Beer brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DemonPit

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2023
Michigan
So I made a double batch of beer brats tonight. I used modelo beer, valdalia sweet onions, minced garlic, and S&P.

I'm about to go for 2nds, then my usual 10pm 2nd dinner.

One pan has beer brats, other pan has cheddar brats. Ill vac seal the leftovers for another night. Ill include the beer broth (minus the onions) when i bag them up. 20230803_170634.jpg 20230803_173201.jpg

Look terrific!!! Love brats!
I have a few left if freezer I need to eat before making more.
Might as well get them out of freezer now. Haha

Reactions: DemonPit
I have 1 pack left in the freezer (uncooked). I should have just cooked those as well.

I do a 20min cook in the beer/onion bath (indirect heat), then grill to desired color, then back into the bath for 5-10 mins under heat and reduce beer bath liquid.

Looks great! Congrats on the ride! Oh man, the smell of beer brats in the crisp autumn air and the sound of football on tv... Modelo is KILLER beer and great for this. Excellent choice. I will eat them anyway prepared but prefer simmered then seared. Pan seared and cooked in a crock also works well if inclement weather. MUST have kraut in the beer onion mix here. I try and let it run a few hours and let it reduce. Brats go in toward the end. Been to a few parties and the poor brats are all fatted out from cooking since 9AM LOL.

Reactions: DemonPit
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky