Been in a WiFi BLACK HOLE...Pics added...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats to you and yours Chef!

Nice home you have there! Enjoy!

Congrats JJ, beautiful land and home.

Can't wait for a meat up.

JJ, looks like a nice quite area. The elk must be a resl treat to see. Is your area in the elk lottery? If so do you plan on applying for a tag?

Congrats on the new lifestyle, Thumbs Up

JJ,

Sounds like a great place. There sure is some beautiful land in PA. We have a small lot down in Somerset county. Love going there to get away from it all.

Best wishes,
RG

Thank you all. Everyday here is a mini adventure. The quiet, the incredible night sky seen without the city light pollution and the people! In NJ and even the City of Harrisburg PA, folks are just suspicious of each other and their motives. " Why is this guy looking at me? " Not here! We were in town parked to drop off some paperwork to the Realtor. A WWII Vet was walking by the car, stopped, looked at me and said, " Hey you are new, just passing through? " I said no we moved here. He smiled and said, " Welcome, I am George. " " I am tired of walking, how about a ride back to my home? " Without hesitation, George jumped in and we took him back to the local Retirement Home. In NJ you had to worry that ANYONE walking up to your car was going to Panhandle or Hijack the car!!! I am loving this place!...JJ
icon14.gif

Mowin...The Elk are amazing. Nowhere near as skittish as Whitetail. Traffic a few miles out of town was moving slow the other day. A large Bull Elk was standing on the shoulder grazing without concern and folks just slowed to make sure he didn't walk in the road.

I have not checked but believe we are part of the lottery areas. Head a couple of miles out of town and you are in the Elk State Forest with Hunting Camps everywhere. Lottery Elk Tags are like Wonka Golden Tickets, not likely going to get one but I will apply next season. I am not physically up to miles of walking in the woods this year.

Last edited:
Thank you all. Everyday here is a mini adventure. The quiet, the incredible night sky seen without the city light pollution and the people! In NJ and even the City of Harrisburg PA, folks are just suspicious of each other and their motives. " Why is this guy looking at me? " Not here! We were in town parked to drop off some paperwork to the Realtor. A WWII Vet was walking by the car, stopped, looked at me and said, " Hey you are new, just passing through? " I said no we moved here. He smiled and said, " Welcome, I am George. " " I am tired of walking, how about a ride back to my home? " Without hesitation, George jumped in and we took him back to the local Retirement Home. In NJ you had to worry that ANYONE walking up to your car was going to Panhandle or Hijack the car!!! I am loving this place!...JJThumbs Up  

Mowin...The Elk are amazing. Nowhere near as skittish as Whitetail. Traffic a few miles out of town was moving slow the other day. A large Bull Elk was standing on the shoulder grazing without concern and folks just slowed to make sure he didn't walk in the road.
I have not checked but believe we are part of the lottery areas. Head a couple of miles out of town and you are in the Elk State Forest with Hunting Camps everywhere. Lottery Elk Tags are like Wonka Golden Tickets, not likely going to get one but I will apply next season. I am not physically up to miles of walking in the woods this year.

Wow, JJ. That sounds fantastic. Kudos to you for helping out a true hero.. that deserves. :points:

Congrats on the new digs! Just get a beater truck or better yet a jeep with a plow on it, then the neighbors can pay you to clean the shared drive.

Thanks for the points...Front Page News!...We're gettin' a DOLLAR GENERAL store...Woot Woot 
yahoo.gif
I think there is going to be a Ticker Tape Parade...
biggrin.gif
JJ

Ha. You have a newspaper?
Yep...The Cameron County Echo...4 pages that comes out 1 time a week. All the areas goings on like the 3rd annual Gun Show and BBQ Cookoff. They expect  bigger crowds as " SEVEN " teams are expected instead of last years 4 and...The Nail Biter is 90 year old Miss Geraldine's, printed report of what she and Charlie, the dog, did last week and the suspected scandal behind the missing Sacrificial Wine at St Mark's Church...I AM NOT KIDDING!   This place just keeps getting better...JJ 
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
That looks GREAT JJ!!!!  Looks like its got about everything you'll ever need.  And the ratio of churches/bars/gun shops is about right for a real good small town. 

And free and clear!!  I can only dream. 
huh.gif

You're going to love it there.

Congratulations.

Gary

Thats awesome property and the town sounds awesome.

Congrats

Awesome Chef JJ ! Very cool property... Thumbs Up Real happy for you all !

Are you all NFL fans ? :biggrin:

Thanks guys. We are living in hardcore Steeler's country. We watch Football and never miss a Superbowl but not the type that own NFL apparel or battle with the Wife cause she likes the Eagles.

Mowin...Funny you should mention Running Water...Rain has been scarce and my Spring went dry for the second time in a week. Not looking forward to a $5000 nut for a well...JJ

Last edited:
Thanks guys. We are living in hardcore Steeler's country. We watch Football and never miss a Superbowl but not the type that own NFL apparel or battle with the Wife cause she likes the Eagles.

Mowin...Funny you should mention Running Water...Rain has been scarce and my Spring went dry for the second time in a week. Not looking forward to a $5000 nut for a well...JJ

See, now i did it, i jinxed you by mentioning running water. Lol

Been dry here also. Keeping fingers crossed for some rain for both of us..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky