Been a while....Swamp Rabbit and Oyster Mushroom Sauce Piquant

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No finished pic but your meal sounds fantastic!! I used to go rabbit (and squirrel) hunting with my dad when I was a kid. We always took out bounty to my grandmother's house (his mother) and she made some amazing meals for us. Man oh man, do I miss those days.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I had every intention of snapping a pot and plate pic. but totally forgot!! The guys at the firehouse were hungry....they were ready to eat when the rabbit was tender. I just got out of their way! LOL!!

But the stew looked just like the one in the thread I referenced for the recipe......

HI, we"ll had a childwhood of rabbit hunting, I remember very well that I used green vegetables as an attractant to take it to a cage and tht made me happy

Welcome Jordyi glad to have you onboard.
Does everyone understand what marsh rabbit is if I'm correct you were referring to muskrat. In my book an awesome meal.

Warren

Welcome Jordyi glad to have you onboard.
Does everyone understand what marsh rabbit is if I'm correct you were referring to muskrat. In my book an awesome meal.

Warren
Yeah, I think those are actually hare. Not like a domestic rabbit.

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky