BEEFY BACON WRAPPED JALAPENO CHEESE STUFFED MUSHROOMS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
This is the stuff I tend to come up with when I'm feeding just myself😂

I had a pack of mushrooms i was planing on using for a dinner last week but plans got derailed.... Figured id use them up.

Stuffed mushrooms it is!!

This is the filling I came up with

1lb ground beef seasoned with SPOG and cooked
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup green chalula
2 small cans diced green chili's
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz jalapeno cream cheese
2 eggs

Medium to large white mushrooms

Baccon for wraping

More SPOG for seasoning after assembled.

Mixed up all the filling ingredients and stuffed into mushrooms after removing the stems. Then wrapped bacon around each and secured with a toothpick.

0227221916_HDR~2.jpg

Next I set up the kettle using the snake method and a couple small chunks of cherry wood... Temp stayed around 230°240° I placed the shrooms directly on the grate.
Took about 1 hour 45 min to get the bacon where I liked it.

In the kettle.....sorry it was dark so not a great pic.
0227222028a.jpg

Out of the smoker....
0227222135.jpg

And a picture of one cut in half
0227222137b.jpg

These were great!! But next time I'll change a few things... I'll use fresh jalapenos or posibly serrano peppers. They deffinatly didnt have the kick I wanted... Secondly... Instead of the shredded cheese I think I'll use some diced to create little pockets of cheese instead ... The shredded kind of got lost in the mix!

Still turned out great and I was extremely pleased with these....

Thanks for taking a look!

Wow! Those look incredible, especially for off the cuff! I’d definitely crush a few pounds of those. Beautiful work! Great job!

Wow! Those look incredible, especially for off the cuff! I’d definitely crush a few pounds of those. Beautiful work! Great job!
Thanks! I ate my fair share!! Lol!

Looks amazing Travis! Never thought of wrapping them with bacon. My next batch of crab stuffed shrooms will get that blanket.

• Love
Reactions: bauchjw
Looks amazing Travis! Never thought of wrapping them with bacon. My next batch of crab stuffed shrooms will get that blanket.
Thanks Steve ! I was not sure how it would work out.. But the bacon seems to shrink up at the same rate as the shrooms while cooking so it kept them wrapped tight.

OMG YES those look amazing! Very nice work there. You have a special talent my friend

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky