Beef Tenderloin on the Yoder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mbogo

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Hi Y'all, just had to share last nites din din with ya, I apologize for not having more than 1 pic, but it's the important one!!  (And it was too damn cold to stand out there & fart around with the camera...) 

My local shop had whole tenders for $7.99/lb, I sez to da man, who crazy round here??  He sez, they're select, but you'll never know the difference...   Um Hmm....   Well, they've never steered me wrong yet, so I procure.  

Trimmed it up, saving the side meat for somethin, and cut in half & vac packed 1/2.  Threw it in a baggie w/ a little Newmans italian for a few hours, then tied it up so it would cook evenly, a liberal dousing with CBP & Sea salt, and onto the Yoder at 300. Cooked to 115, yanked them, and cranked it up to 500. Seared for a couple of minutes, turning frequently, and Voila!  Beef Bliss!!

Oh, I smoked a couple of bakers at the same time, they didn't get done in time, so had to finish in the nuker. Please dont tell.

Some nice asparagus with melted cheddar, and I was asleep by 8. The wife says it was 7, but she was snoring louder than me. I digress.

This is what winters are made for!

Just munching on the little bit of leftover now, only cuz the dog is on her walk, and I'm safe from the jaws of death-  It was great, will do the same way next time, but with more cheese for the veggie! 

Hey, nice smoker build you got going there, where bouts in MN are ya? I'm in Andover-

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky