1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Tenderloin on sale at Save a Lot

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by WI_GameMeats, Feb 18, 2019.

1. WI_GameMeats

WI_GameMeats Fire Starter

Beef Tenderloin is on sale at Save a Lot for $5.99/pound right now until tomorrow. I ended up buying 4 of them, and a plus side is that it comes without the fattier piece called the "chain". Quality looks pretty decent too, but for this price, it's hard to complain.

Not sure if this is statewide, nationwide, or just local?

2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I've seen it that cheap before & it was Australian beef.
    Wasn't very happy with it.
    But if this is US beef, then you got a heck of a good deal!!
    Al

3. WI_GameMeats

It specifies "Product of USA" on the bag. So I'm guessing this is US beef, right?

Attached Files:

4. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Your right!
    That is a heck of a deal!
    Al

5. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

My area Save-a-Lot has only Chuck and Butts on sale. Buy them out!...JJ

6. WI_GameMeats

Bought 4 of them, I figured $90 was enough :emoji_laughing:

7. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Nearest one is 30 miles from me sadly.

We had one closer but it closed, I used to get cheap bacon in bulk there!

8. WI_GameMeats

Tom - Yeah, they have boxed bacon that is Covered Wagon brand that is cheap. I want to say that they're 10lb boxes for $19.99.. I've been meaning to buy a box just for fatties alone.. It isn't the best bacon, but it's okay.

9. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Master of the Pit Group Lead

Trust me, I miss having one, we used to use it as our grilling store. Cheap pork chops etc, good for random summer parties!

Maybe when we get the nicer weather and we do the WI meet up we'll need to have you bring some up, we could do a fatty event, so every one can try their hand on one. I'll never find bacon that cheap in the Fox Valley..

WI_GameMeats likes this.