Beef Taco's and Charro Beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Had some Taco meat that been in freezer couple years needed to use. Probably came from Aldi. Also took some keto charro beans from freezer. Broke out the electric griddle and heated to 500. No oil as this to hot. Only took about one minute to cook. Made some pico. I buy single serving guacamole from Aldi. Love that stuff. Used low carb tortilla also from Aldi. This was a super fast meal and so good.

IMG_20230111_164601920.jpg IMG_20230111_164614366.jpg

IMG_20230111_165246451.jpg IMG_20230111_165254049.jpg

I mounted some lights under cabinet and it puts wide bars through picture when on. Anyone know how to stop this?

IMG_20230111_165310680_HDR.jpg

Looks bomb Brian. I wouldn't have even noticed the lights had you not mentioned it. Nice work as usual bud

Looks awesome! I’m digging everything there! Great work! I’m with everyone else, never noticed until you mentioned it?

That looks awesome. Those bars mean you can't eat that, and you must fedex it to my house!
Thanks
Looks bomb Brian. I wouldn't have even noticed the lights had you not mentioned it. Nice work as usual bud
Thanks Jake. Have enough to do another today. Thinking this meat might work to make a Philly.
Looks delicious!! Are the lights LED?
Thanks. Yes. Wonder if there is a filter in my phone camera that might work. Did same thing with my last phone.
Looks good.
I made up a pulled chuck on Sunday. Tomorrow's meal is calling
Thanks Richie. Those chuck's been to expensive but got one recently for $3.99. Not sure to do yet. So many things they good for.
Looks great Brian! How is the texture on the thawed charro?
Thanks Jeff. Texture was OK but not much juice left. I am going back to small batches. Pintos do better freezing.
Looks like a great meal. Would not have noticed lights if you didn’t say anything.
Thanks Derek. It was just that last picture I had lights on. I just leave off.
Looks awesome! I’m digging everything there! Great work! I’m with everyone else, never noticed until you mentioned it?
Thanks Jed. It was just that last picture I had lights on. I just leave off.

Reactions: bauchjw
with the lights being LED, the bands on the pics are caused by the flickering or strobing of the led lights being captured by your camera.
one source mentioned using a ND filter in front of the lens??

Great looking meal. Those charro beans are still on m list of things to try.

Might try a pic with your flash on. See what you think about that.

Jim

Had some Taco meat that been in freezer couple years needed to use. Probably came from Aldi. Also took some keto charro beans from freezer. Broke out the electric griddle and heated to 500. No oil as this to hot. Only took about one minute to cook. Made some pico. I buy single serving guacamole from Aldi. Love that stuff. Used low carb tortilla also from Aldi. This was a super fast meal and so good.

View attachment 654239View attachment 654238

View attachment 654237View attachment 654236

I mounted some lights under cabinet and it puts wide bars through picture when on. Anyone know how to stop this?

View attachment 654235
The meal looks fantastic! It's great to eat like a king by knowing what you are doing and NOT paying an arm and a leg to do so :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky