Beef snax sticks first try with qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

catzcradle

ImpEx - Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Original poster
So I bought a hi mountain seasoning kit for beef sticks.  I'm certain that I'll never be able to go to the store-bought fatty things.  I ground up 10 lbs of chuck roast, tri-tip and a couple sirloin steaks left in the freezer.  Used 6 for the sticks, and 4 for burgers...(mmmm)  I think I'll add a bit of heat next batch, but boy are these things good.

Anyways, finally was able to try out the grinder and stuffer attacment, and I must say this was all far easier than I expected.

8d6baaa8_IMG_2512.jpg

view 2

62282388_straightonshot.jpg

All smoked up to 165 IT

9cac7aaf_smokedbeefsticks.jpg

Nice lookin grinder, I've heard horror stories about stuffing with a grinder, glad it worked well for you!

icon_cool.gif

I'm with Todd on this one you should make more but live and learn. Believe me you will start making more pretty soon. For when I started making sausage I was making sausage out of everything I could fit into the grinder. I now have a dog named Tri-Pod she was too slow one day. Your snack sticks do look good thou.

Last edited:
I have a grinder like that mine is a cabela's 3/4 horse is that what yours it, mine sure eats up the meat as fast as you can feed it.

WOW!!!!!
sausage.gif
That is quite the set up you have!!  Those sausages are beautiful!!!!  Almost to pretty to eat!!!  I'll bet they are mighty tasty!!!!!

I bought the Cabela's 1 hp grinder with stuffer attachment included when it was posted here on sale.  It stuffed like a dream.  http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home...=SBC;MMcat104798880;cat104364180#productChart   is their line of commercial grinders.  I see they're all on sale right now. 

That thing is more than I need, but was the same cost as the 1/2 horse at the time, and I always subscribed to the Tim Allen method of More Power. :)

Thanks everyone

Here's a website I found with a lot of sausage recipes- check it out-wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?=5146.  Also, we have place here in WNY that has all kinds of seasoning, grinders, etc.- may want to look at sausagemaker.com.  All his products are of good quality and has a lot of good info.

I have the 1 hp also, and if you like stuffing with that, invest in a Northern Tool 15lb dedicated stuffer; it cuts the work in half!  You will have to get a 3/8" tube for it; I got mine from Butcher Packer.

Here's a website I found with a lot of sausage recipes- check it out-wedlinydomowe.pl/en/viewtopic.php?=5146.  Also, we have place here in WNY that has all kinds of seasoning, grinders, etc.- may want to look at sausagemaker.com.  All his products are of good quality and has a lot of good info.

Very cool, thanks a lot for that info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky