• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Short Ribs

cardsfan

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 2, 2010
Smoked some sort ribs. Turned out excellent. Simple beef rub of salt, pepper, garlic powder. Smoked at 250 for 3 hours. Move to covered aluminum pan with beef broth, red wine, and a little w

Attachments

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Those shorts look absolutely wonderful to me, about my favorite meat on the entire planet. Nice pullback and and juicy, gotta love it, Like! RAY

olaf

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 4, 2017
That wine is looking good to me right now. So you must have used that broth-wine as an au jus, yum.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Short ribs and pork belly are in my top two. Yours look great. The simple seasoning like you used is all they need. Let that rich beefiness shine. Great smoke ring too.

cardsfan

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 2, 2010
Short ribs and pork belly are in my top two. Yours look great. The simple seasoning like you used is all they need. Let that rich beefiness shine. Great smoke ring too.
I did pork belly tonight...

rc4u

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 4, 2015
ok i'm not getting it. either you cooked lot more than each pic or its multiple cooks.. but not unusual to use different cooks for same recipe results.

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
Looking good! Seasoned simply letting you taste the beef. Just add a little fresh horseradish for a kicker. 🍻
John

cardsfan

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 2, 2010
ok i'm not getting it. either you cooked lot more than each pic or its multiple cooks.. but not unusual to use different cooks for same recipe results.
Just one cook, but when I moved them to pans it took 2 pans to hold all of them.

minden man

Joined Oct 30, 2011
Smoked some sort ribs. Turned out excellent. Simple beef rub of salt, pepper, garlic powder. Smoked at 250 for 3 hours. Move to covered aluminum pan with beef broth, red wine, and a little w
I must be doing something wrong, my shortie ribs suck up into a 3x3" or less cube, granted they are as tender as can be. I do not braise my ribs, I leave them in the smoker from start to finish. They just don't present very pretty.

cardsfan

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 2, 2010
I must be doing something wrong, my shortie ribs suck up into a 3x3" or less cube, granted they are as tender as can be. I do not braise my ribs, I leave them in the smoker from start to finish. They just don't present very pretty.
Not all short ribs are created equal, (or cut equal). These were cut pretty long.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.