Beef ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes I have.

Just do the 3-2-1 method, only instead of the 1, put them on a hot grill for a few minutes.

Al

Thanks Al.
One other question, once I take the ribs off the grill and wrab in foil and a towel put in a cooler how long do you figure they will stay warm?

Probably 2 or 3 hours.

You will loose some of that char if you foil them & put them in a cooler.

I would let them rest on the counter for 15 minutes & slice them up.

They taste best right off a hot grill.

Al

What kind of beef ribs are these? I just had some of the best beef ribs I've ever had. The method goes against the grain of everything I preach about needing the braise to get good beef ribs.

They were short ribs that were cut into individual ribs. Well seasoned on all sides and smoked with the pit running 275°-300°. Done in about 4 hours. The meat was tender and all sides had a great bark on them. The bark to meat ratio was perfect. I will be duplicating this smoke soon!

Another beef rib question,
Spritz or not to spritz while in the 3 hour portion of the smoke?
Then how about when wrapped for the 2 hour run, add moisture?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky