Beef ribs! It's what's for dinner!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

basheirt

Original poster
Dec 8, 2014
PA
Preparing for tonight's rib cook-off with friends. Got these bad boys on at about 250 at 8am with lump coal and hickory. Using my tappecue to monitor the cook.

Spraying with apple juice & apple cider vinegar mix (1:1) every 30 minutes. Not planning to foil or tray. Just leaving them on the grates til 201-203. Will then rest them for about an hour in foil in a cooler.

So far very happy with fire control on a breezy 70 degree morning. Nice and slow, with tunes on the patio. It's a good day!

20190615_075323.jpg
15606058902671813915444377654424.jpg

I'm seeing a couple of different cuts, no? It looks like you've got chuck, and back ribs?

Have you cooked back ribs? Do they cook at a different rate because of the narrowing end? Just curious ... I've never cooked them, but am always curious to learn from others.

Anywho ..... your meal looks like it's going to be EPIC!

Sorry. I forgot to post the finished product. They were amazing.

Two weeks to smoke, dang that’s a long time!!

They look awesome, I love beef ribs. Nice job!!

Nice job on the beef ribs! I'm finally starting to get decent and cooking them myself now, and I am really liking them! Great smoke!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky