Beef Ribs and Oxtails

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gary Uk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
My First try at Beef short ribs, plus my local store had oxtails reduced so I thought why not throw a couple of those in also.
DSC_8705.JPG
DSC_8706.JPG

I then covered them in Jeff's Texas Rub and left in the fridge overnight

DSC_8707.JPG

I cooked these on my mes30 at 250 using the 3-2-1 method
DSC_8708.JPG

Served up with salad and new potatoes

DSC_8710.JPG

Reactions: zwiller and tallbm
The oxtails were tender but needed a bit of help pulling off the bone, I think another hour or two would have been better.

Always wanted to try Oxtails :) I've asked US butchers and they just stared at me like I was deranged..

Keep on the posting, I like seeing foods from Europe. My friend from Scotland has done Fully Monties on his off set before, that was impressive to see and eat ..

Looks good,you know I have seen oxtails a few times over the years and never bought any but where the devil is the rest of the ox at? ,steaks roasts ect... cant just bob tail em and turn them back out lol

Looks good,you know I have seen oxtails a few times over the years and never bought any but where the devil is the rest of the ox at? ,steaks roasts ect... cant just bob tail em and turn them back out lol

Ox tails are regular fare here.

and Yes, they do just bob them and send them back out in fields... tails regrow! The new ones are smaller, but much more tender!
I thought EVERYONE knew that!

Reactions: zwiller
I did ox tail on the smoker for 3 hours and then in a aluminum pan with beef broth covered and back into the smoker for 3 hours.
I am now looking for them in the stores!!!
The smokey taste with the broth to soften the meat, the flavor was great and fall off of the bone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky