Beef Ribs and Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Aaron, I've always loved meatloaf and now I always keep a few slices tucked away in a deep freeze. I ate a few slices today at work and boy was it good. The whole dilbert ville office setting that I work in was wondering what smelled so good.
Chris

At my office when something from the kitchen area smells good people always say i wonder what Aaron has! Everyone here has tasted my BBQ pork, BBQ ribs and my cooking in general and i have become the potluck coordinator. Share some of your BBQ with the people you work with and you become a popular!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Great cook! Maybe you should invite me to help you with the meat loaf. No need to thank me. Big like!

At my office when something from the kitchen area smells good people always say i wonder what Aaron has! Everyone here has tasted my BBQ pork, BBQ ribs and my cooking in general and i have become the potluck coordinator. Share some of your BBQ with the people you work with and you become a popular!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I did that for 20 years at Bethlehem Steel in Bethlehem, PA.
Everybody loved the smells when I reheated my leftovers in the Lunchroom Microwave, but very few wanted to try my Broiled Shad Roe, or my mixture of cut up Deer Heart, Kidney, & Liver, Sautéed in Butter, no matter how great it smelled.

Bear

Great cook! Maybe you should invite me to help you with the meat loaf. No need to thank me. Big like!

Thanks Disco, anytime. Appreciate the like. Glad to have you back posting.

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Aaron, I have in the past shared some smoked goods with the coworkers. However I also like to torment them every so often.

I did that for 20 years at Bethlehem Steel in Bethlehem, PA.
Everybody loved the smells when I reheated my leftovers in the Lunchroom Microwave, but very few wanted to try my Broiled Shad Roe, or my mixture of cut up Deer Heart, Kidney, & Liver, Sautéed in Butter, no matter how great it smelled.

Bear

Bear, me not so much, but I wife would have been all over that invite in a heartbeat.

Chris

If I've missed someones response or like I'm truly sorry, believe me it was not intentional.

Chris , Nice smokey and meaty ribs and a great looking meatloaf,nothing better than a meatloaf sammie ! like

Chris , Nice smokey and meaty ribs and a great looking meatloaf,nothing better than a meatloaf sammie ! like

Thanks for the like crazymoon, I just started doing beef ribs within the last few months. Meaty ones are hard to come by around here. So I try to stock up if the spondulix's are available. I've always enjoyed a good meatloaf sammie, since I started smoking the loaf it's even better.

Chris

Chris Great job on the smoke,interesting Oatmeal in the meatloaf.Does it help to keep it moist? Points for sure
Richie

Bear, me not so much, but I wife would have been all over that invite in a heartbeat.
Chris

Which would she like?
My "Broiled Shad Roe",
or "my mixture of cut up Deer Heart, Kidney, & Liver, Sautéed in Butter".

Just wondering, because I got two Sisters who love the Broiled Shad Roe, but they wouldn't eat the Mix.

Bear

Which would she like?
My "Broiled Shad Roe",
or "my mixture of cut up Deer Heart, Kidney, & Liver, Sautéed in Butter".

Just wondering, because I got two Sisters who love the Broiled Shad Roe, but they wouldn't eat the Mix.

Bear

Both, she grew up in a family that hunted and fished for allot of their meals. Me I grew up in a family that store bought most of our proteins. When I first started dating her I would walk into a kitchen full of rifles just leaning against the wall. All of them were fully loaded and all of the kids knew not to touch them(unless they were going hunting). They respected all of their weapons, treated them like ordinary silverware. It seemed like every time I picked her up for a date - I would walk into their kitchen and see some type of animal part being cooked on the stove or on their grill. Most times it grossed me out, but to her it was normal. I guess it was just her being a true woodchuck or Vermonter. Which I'm not. I can honestly say that the sight of a cows tongue or snapping turtle on the stove cooking grosses me out, but to her it's a deliciously. Roe is still one of her favorites, as is heart kidney, and liver. Although it's mostly cow parts now since everyone in her family isn't physically capable of hunting anymore.

Chris

It was a different time here in VT. My wife's family wasn't the only family I knew that kept their guns locked and loaded ready for the hunt, and they grew up in Burlington of all places.

Chris

I haven't tried a smoked meatloaf yet. Also never saw the oats in there. I just may have to try that this week. It sounds like an easy one I could do on a weeknight.
Of course my wife will get jealous if it turns out better than the old tried-and-true recipe of her mother's that we usually use!

Either way, looks great and I love the bacon topper idea. Nice touch.

I haven't tried a smoked meatloaf yet. Also never saw the oats in there. I just may have to try that this week. It sounds like an easy one I could do on a weeknight.
Of course my wife will get jealous if it turns out better than the old tried-and-true recipe of her mother's that we usually use!

Either way, looks great and I love the bacon topper idea. Nice touch.

Thanks for the kind words Matt.
If you like meatloaf you should give it a shot. It's probably one of the easiest smokes out there. Be careful trying to out do the wives meatloaf. That's walking a fine line I would avoid. Maybe you can try her recipe smoked. The bacon helps with moisture and flavor.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky