Beef on the yakatori grill...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
It's that time of year.... AGAIN....
Found this beef Chuck Eye on sale... 2 days to go on the best by date... so I added the normal amount of cure, 2% salt and 1% sugar.. 5 days wrapped and in the refer... decided to marinate 1/2 with a concoction of Asian flavors... Soy, Rice wine, Soy Vey, Yoshida Sauce (R.I.P. Ron P.).... Rinse the Asian marinated meat well before you put it on the grill.. There's a lot of sugar in it... Had a lobster tail that needed cooking too, so I threw it on...
.. Cured meat...
Asian Pastrami 0021.jpg

..Ready for the marinade...
Asian Pastrami 003.JPG

.. Asian marinade...
Asian Pastrami 006.JPG

..On the Yakatori BBQ grill...
Asian dinner 002.JPG

The Asian marinade adds great flavor... The cured meat had a "pastrami" sort of flavor..
It was all good... Colder than a well diggers boot outside but it's something to do...

Looks great. Never had Yoshida's pretty rare in the sticks...JJ

I sliced the beef into strips about 6mm / 1/4" thick... marinade in several Far East sauces or Americanized Far East sauces... It started with the Yoshidas as the base then added the others for flavor change.. I just mix and taste... The seasoned rice wine adds acidity, Soy Vey adds sesame, You could add sesame oil... I like the toasted seed oil...
A 4kg roast would take awhile... I would inject the sauce many times, maybe 5cc each to get complete infusion... I would avoid any sauce on the outside as it will burn...
Room temp roast cooked at 225-250 for several hours... final internal temp 70 ish C....
Or, after marinating for many hours, overnight, slice thin and quick cook on the grill...

Reactions: jane nair
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky