Beef Eye Round (Finally!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bearcarver, did you sear it? If so when?
The EOR I just cooked in my MES I seared with my searsall before cooking. Fairly nice crust.

Like I said earlier, I sometimes sear it after SV, but when I'm gonna slice it thin, and it's just for Me & the Mrs, I don't bother to sear it at all. Searing is mainly to make it look pretty (Plus a very minimal amount of flavor added), and we don't care what it looks like to us. When it's sliced thin you can't see any difference on an 1/8" edge, as far as color goes.

Bear

Reactions: patinlouisiana
Hoooooly smokes,

Just did my eye round in the SV for the 21hour method today to make French Dip sandwiches.

Lets just say that many a mommas were slapped as to how good these were!

Hoooooly smokes,

Just did my eye round in the SV for the 21hour method today to make French Dip sandwiches.

Lets just say that many a mommas were slapped as to how good these were!

Thanks SGMan!!
Glad You're enjoying it !!

Bear

I love the SV EOR! Great cook and killer deal! I need to watch the weekly adds better for sure.

I love the SV EOR! Great cook and killer deal! I need to watch the weekly adds better for sure.

I've been watching for weeks, and Eye Rounds & Chuck Roasts haven't gotten below $5.99 for months!!!

Bear

Beef Eye Round (Finally!!)

Finally, after months of watching for Eye Round on Sale, “Weis” Market had it marked down from $5.99 to $2.98.
So we got 3 Eye Rounds, about 18 pounds of it.
I Trim-cleaned them all up, and got them ready for my Sous Vide Supreme. Then I put two of them in the freezer, and one in my SV.

I used my proven time & temp again (132° for 21 hours), and it was Perfect.

We had one meal of Roast Beef, Mashed Taters, and Green Beans, with Gravy for the RB & Taters.

Then I had a nice slice of Roast Beef with my Eggs the next morning, heated up in a Pan with the Eggs.

I sliced the rest up for Hot Roast Beef Sammies with Gravy, but that will have to wait for the next post, because this one is already long enough.

Thanks For Stopping By,

Bear

Three nice Beef Eye Rounds, about 6 pounds each:
View attachment 376436

Best price we've had around here in a long time!! $2.98
View attachment 376437

After trimming most of the Fat & Silver off:
View attachment 376438

Fresh out of Sous Vide Supreme, along with two of my SS Balls for weight:
View attachment 376439

Bear's Supper:
View attachment 376440

The rest of the First Eye Round sliced for future Sammies:
View attachment 376441

Heating a slice up with my "Next Day Eggs":
View attachment 376442

Breakfast for The Bear:
View attachment 376443

FINI
Truly awesome!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky