Beef Back Ribs & Turkey Breast On The Stick Burner (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
The clean up process from SNOVID 21 is coming along nicely, albeit a lot of work. Decided to slip in some cook time last Saturday and have a couple of friends over for dinner. Tracy wanted the meaty beef back ribs, which was fine but my stash of smoked turkey was getting low too so did a combo cook on the smoker. The ribs are from CPB and come 3 racks to a package. When I get them I divide them into three packs of one rack each then into the freezer. Took out one rack, which was plenty for the 4 of us being that they are close to 5# per rack, plus appetizers, sides, and turkey.

The ribs. Took a different approach this time. Rubbed them down with Better Than Bouillon beef base and from there just black pepper and garlic. The beef base has plenty of salt so didn't need any more.
002.jpg

Turkey injected with Cajun Injector Turkey Gold marinade and seasoned with my rub
004.jpg

Ribs about an hour and a half in running 250 on the smoker
006.jpg

Ahhhhh...what a beautiful sight. I'll take this over snow and ice any day!!
007.jpg

Susan brought a bowl of yummy potato salad
008.jpg

Ribs all done. Man these smell good!!
009.jpg

Add the turkey breast
010.jpg

Sliced
011.jpg

Close up. 2 pics. Both were super moist and juicy. Not much of a smoke ring on the ribs though.
012.jpg

014.jpg

The spread. I also did up some baked beans. Got some pickles ala SmokinAl SmokinAl , some of Jeff's sauce, and the Huckleberry sauce I received from Justin Rafter H BBQ Rafter H BBQ
015.jpg

Dinner plated. Was 76 degrees and we enjoyed this on the patio of course. Way too nice to eat inside.
018.jpg

This is a first for using the BTB base for the ribs but it will be a forever go-to. It was absolutely outstanding. As for the ribs, no wrap, no baste, no mopping, no glaze. Just seasoning, heat and smoke all the way. The beef base added so much depth and beefy richness to the meat it was just mind blowing. I was hoping for a good result but this exceeded my every expectation. I've used it before with slow cooker chuck roasts and really liked it so figured it was worth a try on ribs. Boy was it ever!! My only real take-away from this meal was that I got a little heavy handed with the seasoning on the turkey. Was just a tad over seasoned, but still very good. Got a few pounds to slice up and put in the freezer which is a beautiful thing :emoji_wink: After this dinner I ad to check the freezer and make sure I have more of these ribs and thankfully I have 6 more racks, so I'm alright for a while. These have taken first place with Tracy after years of pork ribs being her favorite. This is fine with me because although I do like pork ribs, I much prefer the beef. Well, time to go cut some more fallen limbs up ad get them out of here. We're almost finished thank God and I should be able to get the last of it out of here today. Thanks for dropping in and we'll see y'all on the next installment.

Robert

Looks good. Those CPB Ribs are tasty...JJ

8f7aac83ce4ada37a70ee71c5d53d645.gif

Those ribs and that turkey look finger licking good my friend! Looks a great meal for all involved. Sign me up for a couple plates. Big like buddy!

That’s a plate that just jumps at me to be eaten! They beef ribs and turkey both look phenomenal. A meal on the patio at 76 degrees sounds pretty nice too!

Beautiful piece of work Robert, great to see the offset all fired up, wish i was there! RAY

Heck yeah Robert those ribs and turkey look bomb. I need to smoke those ribs you gave me now that it's starting to warm up some. Nice work bud

All Looks Great, Robert !!
I think our Snowing might be done for the Season, ending at a mere 6' 2" (74") Total.
Nice Job, as usual !!
Like.

Bear

Looks delicious Robert! Ribs and turkey both look finger licking good! Nice job as always!

Ryan

From -5 degrees to running the AC at my house over that time period. Wild! Welcome to Texas :emoji_laughing:

Those ribs look great Robert.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky