Beef and shrooms = full belly!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
While at BJ's getting gas. I went inside to look around around. BIG MISTAKE!! 255.00 later. I'm out the door.
I found these while there.
20220723_163527.jpg

I love this cut. Nice and tender with great flavor. So I got the smokey Joe heating up. And gave these a rub of salt and cracked pepper. Tossed on the
grill with charcoal and hickory.
Also made a batch of stuffed portabellas. One pound of fancy crab meat mixed with a couple tbs of mayo, old bay, 2 eggs. 3 tbs of panko crumbs. Topped with bacon crumbles.

20220723_154720_HDR.jpg

Plated up. Had red wine to sip on.

20220723_194414.jpg

Over the top meal. Ate in the gazebo with a fan going to keep things comfy.

There you go Steve , that is a fine looking meal.
We are also spending time on the deck under the big ceiling fan, been toasty up here for the last few days

side note $255.00 for the package of meat seems a little high LOL

David

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
There you go Steve , that is a fine looking meal.
We are also spending time on the deck under the big ceiling fan, been toasty up here for the last few days

side note $255.00 for the package of meat seems a little high LOL

David
Lol! Thanks. And considering this is NY........

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man that is a great looking meal. Not much of a wine drinker but I'd put away some sweet tea with that meal.
Jim

You did it again, Steve. Very nice meal. We love grilled portabellas stuffed with whatever or just EVOO, salt & pepper, and topped with some fresh grated parmesan.
While at BJ's getting gas. I went inside to look around around. BIG MISTAKE!! 255.00 later.
Thankfully Sam's isn't too close or I'd stay broke...:emoji_laughing:

You did it again, Steve. Very nice meal. We love grilled portabellas stuffed with whatever or just EVOO, salt & pepper, and topped with some fresh grated parmesan.

Thankfully Sam's isn't too close or I'd stay broke...:emoji_laughing:
Thanks Charles! Unfortunate for me. BJ's is 2 minutes from work. And easy to get to. Just need to stay at the pump!

• Haha
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Looks great Steve.
I too get gas at BJs,with their credit card it's the cheapest around.

Last week I gassed up and went into the store and the line to check out went from the front all the way to the back and wrapped all the way around the freezer section! Needless to say I bought nothing that day.

Reactions: CoolbreezeBBQ
Looks great Steve.
I too get gas at BJs,with their credit card it's the cheapest around.

Last week I gassed up and went into the store and the line to check out went from the front all the way to the back and wrapped all the way around the freezer section! Needless to say I bought nothing that day.
Thanks! I went ahead and got their credit card too. First 3 months gas is 50 cents off a gallon.
I found it strange. There was a huge line for self check out. But the regular check outs were almost empty.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great Steve! I love the shrooms! So how much per gallon was that meal? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Looks great Steve, i have seen flap meat but really had no idea how to cook it....looks almost like skirt and would be good for fajitas?

Dayum Steve!! That looks superb. Steaks look great but I love, love, LOVE what you did with those mushrooms. If the stars had aligned correctly I'd have let you cook those for me two weeks from now :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Dayum Steve!! That looks superb. Steaks look great but I love, love, LOVE what you did with those mushrooms. If the stars had aligned correctly I'd have let you cook those for me two weeks from now :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks bud!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky