Beef and shrooms = full belly!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Steve H Steve H Can you give specifics on the portos....time and temp? I showed them to my son and he wants to try them.
Jim
6 large portabello caps. Stem and gills removed.
3 tbs mayo
2 eggs
1 pound crab meat
2 tsp lemon juice
3 tbs panko or bread crumbs.
salt and pepper to taste. I don't measure. But around 1 tsp each
1 tsp old bay seasoning.
stick of butter melted
Mix mayo,eggs, lemon juice, and spices together well so it has a smooth texture.
Fold in crab meat. And then the panko. Gently mix.
Take mushroom caps. Dip in butter. And place in baking dish.
Pour remaining butter into pan. Divide the crab mixture into the caps.
Sprinkle bacon bits on top.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.

Steve I’ve not seen that but around here but man you did it justice!! The sear on the meat is text book. I’d also probably murder 3 of those shrooms!!

Reactions: Steve H
Steve very nice plate of food there! That is a summer perfection plate to me. Beef and shrooms, nothing better!

Reactions: Steve H
While at BJ's getting gas. I went inside to look around around. BIG MISTAKE!! 255.00 later. I'm out the door.
I found these while there.
View attachment 638496

I love this cut. Nice and tender with great flavor. So I got the smokey Joe heating up. And gave these a rub of salt and cracked pepper. Tossed on the
grill with charcoal and hickory.
Also made a batch of stuffed portabellas. One pound of fancy crab meat mixed with a couple tbs of mayo, old bay, 2 eggs. 3 tbs of panko crumbs. Topped with bacon crumbles.

View attachment 638497

Plated up. Had red wine to sip on.

View attachment 638498

Over the top meal. Ate in the gazebo with a fan going to keep things comfy.
Holy shit, that looks delicious!!! LOVE mushrooms. I’m ready for breakfast

Damn Steve what a nice meal, the steak looks delicious and i’d put a lot more of those mushrooms away!

Fantastic cook there Steve, looks delicious! That's one expensive stop, meat and gas will really dent your wallet! RAY

Man does that meal look fantastic Steve. I would be all over that steak. However I wonder if you'd be offended if I just kinda scooped out the filling and just ate that. I hate schrooms but love crab meat stuffing.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky