Bear's double smoked ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

There it is

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Hey bear, going to try your dbl smoked ham. Just wondering i have a mes 140s gen 1.5. With 4 racks I'm guessing i want to put the fat drip pan on first rack and ham on third rack? Then put my AMNPS on fourth rack right side? Also how many and what size holes do you put in fat drip pan? Now i know my vent is on right but i put in an 90 degree elbow and a chunk of tube towards the left side. In hopes of making this smoker act like a gen 2.5 any input would be great. And i would like to thank you for your service to this GREAT COUNTRY. Btw i used to live not far from you. I lived i ATOWN

Hey bear, going to try your dbl smoked ham. Just wondering i have a mes 140s gen 1.5. With 4 racks I'm guessing i want to put the fat drip pan on first rack and ham on third rack? Then put my AMNPS on fourth rack right side? Also how many and what size holes do you put in fat drip pan? Now i know my vent is on right but i put in an 90 degree elbow and a chunk of tube towards the left side. In hopes of making this smoker act like a gen 2.5 any input would be great. And i would like to thank you for your service to this GREAT COUNTRY. Btw i used to live not far from you. I lived i ATOWN

Welcome There it is,
Yup fat drip tray on first rack, Ham on Third, because it wouldn't fit on second.
AMNPS on right end of Rack #4, just above the Chip dumper hole.
Pull the Dumper out about 3" and rotate it 180° to allow more air flow to your AMNPS.

I keep the holes toward the center of the tray, just some knife stabs from top to bottom, so the burr is pointed down.
Number of holes depends on the size of the holes, just so the dripping won't run right through in too short a time.

Allentown is too big a city for me---I originated in Quakertown.

Enjoy your Double Smoked Ham!!!

Bear

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Yeah i moved out of there 20+ years ago wasn't gonna raise my kids in that environment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky