Bear double smoked hams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Going Bearcarver Bearcarver method on some double smoked hams. trimmed the fat and skin off a couple of hams. Coated with honey, brown sugar, turbinado sugar, and just a little bit of sweet heat rub. Put the trimmings in a couple of small aluminum pans with holes in the bottom so that the fat renders and baste the hams as they cook. cooking With a little cherry and maple chunks. Looking for a IT of 135 degrees then I’ll glaze with a little brown sugar glaze.
thanks for looking.
Jim
DC43175E-DC81-4BF6-89EA-E5C12E7D6410.jpeg

I have a bunch of ham left I used the sous vide to pasteurize and was Aldi and they marked donwn hams to .85. Bought one to see what this hipe is about. Every spiral I have had has been dry in the past.

Reactions: JLeonard
82DDD93B-8D86-4297-AA00-6F4997CF4B8C.jpeg 7D5F6350-18D2-462A-978D-132DF987B34E.jpeg
and the finished product. Just waiting on the sides to finish up. Having corn on the cob,chicken and dressing,Dutches wicked baked beans, Hawaiian rolls.

Reactions: Sowsage
tx smoker tx smoker man I tell ya when the sides got finished we tore into it. We were a hungry bunch and wasn’t much left!
Jim

YUM YUMMMMM.. these look awesome.. great job ...

With left overs from my hams ... I like to put chunks in homemade scalloped potatoes ... or a ham and bean soup.. with the bone in there as well ...

Dude your killing me!!! That sounds great! I'm making some scalloped taters tomorrow and now i wish I had some leftover smomed ham!

Guess you need to make a quick run to the market .. get a ham.. smoke it first thing in morning and have some ham chunks for the taters ...

Guess you need to make a quick run to the market .. get a ham.. smoke it first thing in morning and have some ham chunks for the taters ...
Well the smoker will be going first thing......i may have to run to the store

Bearcarver Bearcarver I stripped the bone of all meat and planning on a big pot of beans and ham with cornbread soon. Like your addition of potatoes to the beans.
Jim

Bearcarver Bearcarver I stripped the bone of all meat and planning on a big pot of beans and ham with cornbread soon. Like your addition of potatoes to the beans.
Jim

If you're taste is anything like mine, go easy on the Taters, and make it mostly Beans & Ham. Kinda like Taters being the Bread in a Meat to Bread ratio of a Hot Dog or Burger.

Bear

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky