Bear’s Smokers FREE to good homes. ALL GONE !!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm sorry to hear about your health Bear. I have appreciated all the help you have given me and I have and continue to enjoy reading your posts. Rob

Brother sorry to hear that!! Got the word yesterday from the VA have the big C & was suppose to do an open MRA today LOL
Richie
You take care and keep using your new toys
Richie, I am so sorry to hear this. Hope you get the best care and that things will work out. Please keep us posted. Praying for your quick recovery.

Bear (John)
I could read between the lines you are having quality of life issues for some time and that sucks. I'm 10 years behind you and life is catching up with me as well.
I was deeply saddened with the passing of your brother as that doesn't help.

Generous offer to pass on your well tested smokers to members.
I hope your legacy lives on with them.

SMF brother John
edit I hate fat finger errors

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Sorry to hear of the health issues Bearcarver. I am on the other coast so too far for me. I hope whomever the lucky recipients are at least bring you some goodies from your smokers. Take care of yourself.Attach files

Bear,
So many of us learned soooo much from you. We all hope you can get over the health issues so you can get back into this sport. I would not have such a great highly modified Gen 1 smoker without you. Get better.

Sorry to hear of this news John, Hopefully your quality of life maintains or improves for many years to come. I'm looking forward to what you do next with that Q or one of your other gadgets. Whoever is lucky enough to receive one of your smokers I hope some of your knowledge goes with it.

Chris

I wish I could, I'd love the bottom one, but I have no way to go and get it.
I wish the best for you!

Semper Fi!

Thank You Alsta!!
Perth Amboy isn't so far.

Bear

Wow John, just WOW!

I am saddened to hear that you're having to let them go. But, there will be some extremely lucky SMF members.

Stu

Thank You Stu!!
I don't actually have to let them go, however I can't use them, so all they do is sit there. I'd rather see them put back in the Game!!

Bear

Sucks that you're having health issues but it's awfully nice of you to give these to SMF members.

Thank You Norm!!

Bear

That is one sad story and I am sorry to hear that your health has declined so much!! Very considerate of you giving your smokers away but don't give up on everything. I am fighting age too. The Mind say's yes and the Body say's NO,But I am stubborn and may not be as productive but I will continue the moaning and groaning just to get things done. I hope you feel better and keep on giving advice to all of us for many years to come...
Regards PJ

Thank You PJ !!
I wish mine was only age.
I'll be here as long as I'm able.

Bear

John, that's very nice of you to pass these legendary pieces of equipment on. Whomever gets them will certainly get a lot of use out of them. Not to mention your invaluable Step By Steps that are available, that most of us have used to up our Smoking game too many times to count. Glad you're still continuing with your excellent cooks on your other equipment.

Thank You Mike!!

Bear

Really hate to hear of your situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Such a great gesture! Might make sense for me to consider one, if you were located farther west. But I am sure I would spend over $350 in gas for a round trip @ the 15mpg my truck gets.

Thank You SD !!

Bear

And Thank You guys for the Likes.
Bear

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
OK Guys---Just want to let you all know, I have been contacted, and have a possible taker on my Gen #2.5, the newest of my 3 MES 40s.
I'll let you know when it's confirmed.

Bear

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
OK Guys---Just want to let you all know, I have been contacted, and have a possible taker on my Gen #2.5, the newest of my 3 MES 40s.
I'll let you know when it's confirmed.

Bear

Confirmed !!
My Gen #2.5 Will be picked up tomorrow morning.

The other 2 listed on my original Post #1 are still Available.

Bear

Wow Bear I certainly wish I lived closer to the area. Not just for a free MES but for the opportunity to meet and spend some time with you ! You have shared a wealth of knowledge on here and I'm sure that's just scratching the surface . Prayers for the Bear family and keep posted those cooks !

Keith

Thank You Very Much for the Kind words & Prayers, Keith!!
I Appreciate that!

Bear

Hi Bear, sorry to hear about the health issues and all, but I get it 100%. Its life and it happens. You are a good man to pass on your equipment. I hope it finds a good home that uses the hell out of it.

Thank You Sandy!!
One is living tomorrow. The other 2 are still Available.
It doesn't help that there aren't many Smoker in my area!!

Bear

I'm sorry to hear all this Bear.
I hope the smokers find a good home here.

I still look forward to your indoors cooking posts and hey, if your hands will let you, there is always picking up a musical instrument to really give you a challenge and something fun to enjoy :)

No matter what we are here for you on the internet :)

Thank You Tall !!
LOL---Mrs Bear plays Piano, and Bear jr can play Piano, Sax, and Guitar.
No Music whatsoever by me.

Bear

Sorry to hear all of that Bear, if I was within a few hundred miles I'd definitely come pick one up from you. But I'm sure there is someone well deserving of your well-cared for cookers.

Thank You Krj !!
One down (tomorrow), and 2 to go.

Bear

Hi John, " Bear " .
Very nice of you to pass on your smokers to some one else that can use them. Your list of things that you have given up over the years is hard to swallow. As I know when we talked before that you love to get out and do all the things that this big world has to offer.

I have no great words of wisdom , just that you seem like a great person and that shows with all the help that you have given us ( me ) new to smoking and other things in general. I am always going through your Step by Step list when i want to try new to me cooks.
" And of coarse Mrs. Bears Sweet list "

Keep up with the other cooks that you are doing and can still manage, you are always still doing great Ninja cooks that i follow

David

Bear, sorry to hear about your health and all the best wishes. I know you will find a good home for the smokers. The weber Q does a good job to and you know how to use it!

Thank You Civil!!
I'll keep doing what I can do, as long as I can.

Bear

Sorry about your health problems and Thoughts/Prayers for you!!!! Wish I was closer to nab one, or to help out you keep rolling smoke. Being the youngest of 5 kids, I am good about doing what I am told :emoji_laughing:

Thank You HD !!
LOL---I know what you mean!!

Bear

All the best to you Bear. It's a sad day if you ask me. I have learned so much from you. Thank you.

Thank You Bigfurmn!!!
I'm glad I was able to help.

Bear

Reactions: civilsmoker
Note: My MES 40 Generation #2.5 just left here.

The Gen #1 and the Gen #2 are still Available.

Bear

As a long time lurker and now member your posts have been invaluable to me and my smoking journey. Whenever I see a post from you I know the info within is reliable and quality.

this is a sad day indeed, I hope you remain to impart your wisdom.

Stay healthy, and thank you from the U.K.!

Thank You AJ!!
Appreciate the Compliments.
I'll be around, as long as I'm wanted.

Bear

A kind jester bear wish I was closer I would drop off some q from time to time. Try to stay healthy and above ground your posts on here have inspired many cooks.

Thank You CC!!!
I Appreciate that !!

Bear

Reactions: Hamdrew
That's a bummer , but I figured it was coming . I know just from talking with you that you would want someone to enjoy them . So I hope it is someone that will do that .
Hang in there Bud .

Reactions: MJB05615
So sorry to read about your health issues, John. As a fellow "old guy" I can relate, although my conditions (cardiac as well, vascular, and neurological) are not nearly as significant as yours - yet. I'm still able to do most of what I was able to do when younger, just much slower .

I'm glad that you're approaching foods with attention to the health aspects by using your Ninja. I'm enjoying your Ninja posts quite a bit, and they are usually among my favorites to view first. Cheers 🍷 to a long and healthy life - red wine of course because it is cardiovascular friendly.

You are very kind to offer your equipment to potentially future pit masters :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: MJB05615
Truly saddens me to read this. I'm wishing you all the best, Bear.....

Thank You GS !!
Appreciate That !

Bear

That's a great thing for you to do Bear! You personally may not be able to use them and smoke with them but you will still be smoking for many years to come! Although it will be through others that have learned alot from you... I know I have!

Ryan

Thank You Ryan!!
I figured if I happen to go before My Smokers, Mrs Bear would have no idea how to give SMF Guys first shot at them.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky