BB's on the Kettle!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Decided to fire up the Weber yesterday for a rack of BB's using the SnS with some hickory, of course. Mustard coat and some JD pig rub.
DSCN2921.JPG

Got a few coals going in one corner and dumped on some more with a few chunks of wood

DSCN2923.JPG

Shut the vents down to 1/3 open, rolled smoke for five hours around 260º, never popped the top, made a little slaw

DSCN2925.JPG

Pulled at 202º probe tender, looed decent

DSCN2926.JPG

Plated up with that slaw and some beans

DSCN2927.JPG

No FOTB, (which I hate), perfect bite and smoky flavor. With just myself and a wife that doesn't eat dead pig meat I'm beginning to wonder If I'll ever fire my offset up again, it just sits there idle for months now. Now I'm having thoughts of getting rid of the SQ36 and replacing it with a 26" Weber, seems to me there's just about nothing that can't be done on a kettle, and done well. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, y'all stay safe out there and thanks for lookin' in! RAY

There ya go my friend!! The quintessential back yard BBQ. Absolute perfection for an all American meal. I agree with you about the kettle also. They are so versatile and with all the goodies you can buy to go along with them, there's not much of anything that can't be beautifully cooked on one. Though I'm not considering getting rid of any of cookers right now, the Weber has somewhat become the go-to for most cookouts.

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Fine looking plate ya got there.

Why thank you Peach! It was a gorgeous day for sitting out out on the patio and pounding down a few Rolling Rocks, about 95º and supposed to be 100º today. Few more days like this and the pool should be just about right for a dip!
DSCN2930.JPG

Nice looking ribs! The more I am using my kettle the more I it. Jim

Thanks Jim! with the advent of the Vortex and SnS I'm find my kettle to be the most valuable tool in the box! RAY

Those ribs look great, Ray, and I'm not a big rib eater. Nice job. Gary

Thank you Gary! I prefer spares over BB's, but I truly loves dead pig meat about any way it reaches the table. Thanks for the Like Gary, I do appreciate it. RAY

There ya go my friend!! The quintessential back yard BBQ. Absolute perfection for an all American meal. I agree with you about the kettle also. They are so versatile and with all the goodies you can buy to go along with them, there's not much of anything that can't be beautifully cooked on one. Though I'm not considering getting rid of any of cookers right now, the Weber has somewhat become the go-to for most cookouts. Robert

Thank you so much my amigo! I'm just beginning to have thoughts about it. Living in the dessert my only access to smoking wood is to buy it, costs me about $30 to do a porkbutt on the SQ36, a packer would about break the bank (not). Hell, I'll most likely end up keeping the thing and just get another, who's kidding who. Thank you for the Like my friend, I appreciate it. RAY

Ray they look great to me, Happy Easter Richie

Thank you Richie, and a Happy Easter to you and your family! Thanks for the Like Richie, I do appreciate it. RAY

Ribs look good but the patio/pool picture really got my attention. Beautiful looking backyard. 100F wow, we’re still ice fishing.

Soon the pool will open and I won't even have to take Bob over to the park in the morning, we're in and out a half dozen times a day. The only ice around here is for margaritas, never snows! RAY

Nice looking ribs Ray. The slaw and beans too. If you didn't pop the lid, when did you sauce them? Rob

Thanks Rob! I never did, and seldom do sauce before removal Rob. On occasion I'll sauce the ribs about 15 minutes before taking them off just to get a glaze on them, I never wrap either. There's always SBR on the table, and it's nice to get the flavor of the rub too. Thanks for the Like Rob, I do appreciate it. RAY

...Thanks Rob! I never did, and seldom do sauce before removal Rob. On occasion I'll sauce the ribs about 15 minutes before taking them off just to get a glaze on them, I never wrap either. There's always SBR on the table, and it's nice to get the flavor of the rub too. Thanks for the Like Rob, I do appreciate it. RAY

Ray, the reason I asked about the sauce was becuase I didn't read where you applied it and I saw the sauce in the photo thinking you used it. Thanks for the clarification.

Rob

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray, I'm a little late to the party, like the rest of the folks here, LOL. Those Ribs look great! The Pool and yard shot is heaven. 100' you say? It hit 80 here yesterday and I'm already complaining. So glad SMF is back!
Thanks for sharing my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky