BBQ Sundae (BBQ in a Jar)! Pulled Pork and sides

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
did you post up any directions on that stuff? it was amazing!

No sir I did not post anything on the garlic. I got the recipe for the spicy pickling brine from Steve H Steve H

Here is what I used:

1 quart cider vinegar
3/4 cup Franks hot sauce
2 t dried minced onions
2 T red pepper flakes
2 T cayenne pepper
1 T white pepper. Or black. I was out of the latter.
2 t franks dried spice
2 t powdered garlic
1 1/2 T sea salt
½ T Trinidad Scorpion sea salt

Mix all ingredients into a saucepan and simmer till well blended. Turn exhaust fan on high!! The aroma is quite strong.

I added the Trinidad Scorpion sea salt. If you want some, just let me know and I'll hook you up.

Robert

No sir I did not post anything on the garlic. I got the recipe for the spicy pickling brine from Steve H Steve H

Here is what I used:

1 quart cider vinegar
3/4 cup Franks hot sauce
2 t dried minced onions
2 T red pepper flakes
2 T cayenne pepper
1 T white pepper. Or black. I was out of the latter.
2 t franks dried spice
2 t powdered garlic
1 1/2 T sea salt
½ T Trinidad Scorpion sea salt

Mix all ingredients into a saucepan and simmer till well blended. Turn exhaust fan on high!! The aroma is quite strong.

I added the Trinidad Scorpion sea salt. If you want some, just let me know and I'll hook you up.

Robert
thank you! I have been craving this stuff for awhile now! thanks to Steve H Steve H too! I think the salt may be required as your batch was downright amazing stuff!

I think the salt may be required as your batch was downright amazing stuff!

Thanks!! I have a new cooker coming day after tomorrow. Maybe you and Kay need to drop by and help me break it in :emoji_wink: You could leave with a full belly and some amped up sea salt.

Time for a barley pop and a trip to the pool,
Robert

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
P.S. I also have a pretty good bunch of that pepper spice mix that's been about 15 years in the making. That might add a nice touch and tingle to the sauce. Lemme know if you'd like some of that also.

Robert
consider my arm twisted! lol. I'll have to plan a trip out. anything I can offer in exchange?

tenor.gif

Had to look twice! That looks awesome man. Points for creativity and nice pics too. Congrats on the ride.

Reactions: chopsaw
A wonderfully creative idea and great execution Zach, Like. I'd have saved the whisky in a glass all for myself, I believe that's a more beneficial use than in a sauce or spray. RAY

Last edited:
P.S. I also have a pretty good bunch of that pepper spice mix that's been about 15 years in the making. That might add a nice touch and tingle to the sauce. Lemme know if you'd like some of that also.

Robert

That spice blend that Robert put together is bar none some of the best I've had. Nice heat. And awesome flavor.

Nice My Lions Club does what we call a pork parfait we just use pulled pork mash taters and BBQ sauce. We pu some pulled pork in the bottom of a 12oz cup some bbq sauce then a scope of taters some bbq sauce then repeat top off with bbq sauce. Looks just like an ice cram parfait.

Warren

Your creation looks great, some of the best I've seen. I bet your flavors worked perfectly. Smaller versions in clear plastic cups are sometimes served by BBQ vendors at contests, or served by teams for a people's choice.

Holy $#/+ that looks good! I remember seeing this concept on tv or something..man you nailed it! Absolutely love that idea and I can see that going over well at a fair or festival...or in my back yard lol! Nice job and a very well deserved ride! BIG LIKE!

Lol. One of my all time favorite's
View attachment 456987

I was laughing at that one too looking for others :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:

A wonderfully creative idea and great execution Zach, Like. I'd have saved the whisky in a glass all for myself, I believe that's a more beneficial use than in a sauce or spray. RAY

Thanks! I hear ya. I made sure to take of the cook as well :emoji_grin:

That spice blend that Robert put together is bar none some of the best I've had. Nice heat. And awesome flavor.

Outstanding! and for sure believable. Robert puts out some good stuff! Looking forward to it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky