BBQ Sundae (BBQ in a Jar)! Pulled Pork and sides

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice work there bud , Fantastic . That pork butt looks great all by itself .
You eat that scotch bonnet like an apple ?

Not gonna lie... I may have passed on the pepper all together :emoji_sweat_smile:

Nice My Lions Club does what we call a pork parfait we just use pulled pork mash taters and BBQ sauce. We pu some pulled pork in the bottom of a 12oz cup some bbq sauce then a scope of taters some bbq sauce then repeat top off with bbq sauce. Looks just like an ice cram parfait.

Warren

I saw some of those when researching and it sounded really good! Pork Parfait definitely suits it well. Adding to the list too haha.

Your creation looks great, some of the best I've seen. I bet your flavors worked perfectly. Smaller versions in clear plastic cups are sometimes served by BBQ vendors at contests, or served by teams for a people's choice.

Thank you! The only real odd man out was the cole slaw. It was just a basic bag kit. I have a decent recipe for some but took the easy way out this time. Sounds like it a good sample platform to hand out at contests for sure.

Holy $#/+ that looks good! I remember seeing this concept on tv or something..man you nailed it! Absolutely love that idea and I can see that going over well at a fair or festival...or in my back yard lol! Nice job and a very well deserved ride! BIG LIKE!

:emoji_laughing: Thanks! It has been on some BBQ shows according to the clips I watched. The Plastic cups would make for an easier vessel and could be squished a little to navigate the layers too. But I had to get all fancy for the photo shoot with a jar :emoji_grin::emoji_sweat_smile:

Reactions: Sowsage
“Sometimes when I wake up, Mr. McCracken is already there!“

“Please, call me Big Ern“

giphy.gif

Looks great. As soon as I seen the thread title I thought of HalfSmoked HalfSmoked . I knew he did something like this.

Appreciate it. That method sounds great too. Post one thing and my list grows ever more. good rate of return here!

One tip on the coleslaw, chop it fine like KFC does., it eats better on a pulled pork sandwich. In fact for a couple of years at a company safety lunch, we cooked a case of butts and ordered all the coleslaw from KFC.

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Man that’s one gorgeous presentation of some awesome food. I do love food art and that is artful my friend. I’ve bookmarked this to blatantly adapt and copy at some point.

Damn! Damn! Damn!
Just Damn... Well maybe a "Dammit Man! " too.
That looks damned good, that is food art.
And I'd happily deconstruct it.
Great pic of the BBQ Sunday.

Thanks chili! All I can see in my head now is this haha.

AmusedPhonyBats-max-1mb.gif

One tip on the coleslaw, chop it fine like KFC does., it eats better on a pulled pork sandwich. In fact for a couple of years at a company safety lunch, we cooked a case of butts and ordered all the coleslaw from KFC.

Absolutely! Normally I make a slightly modified KFC copycat recipe. I use a lot less sugar :emoji_sweat_smile:

Me likes, Me likes. I've never seen this one before Zach. Most excellent.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! Was new to me until a few days ago too. Had to do it.

Man that’s one gorgeous presentation of some awesome food. I do love food art and that is artful my friend. I’ve bookmarked this to blatantly adapt and copy at some point.

Thank you! Pretty proud of the end result. Absolutely play with it. Lots of options to be had and I look forward to it.

Reactions: jcam222
I've seen mason jars used for many things but this is new, definitely new!

I can see it being a new craze.....introducing the wide mouth mason jar pulled pork.....no plate needed cause its a meal!

Awesome presentation of the cook!
Huge like!

Thanks! Once I saw it I knew I had to try it :emoji_grin:

Looks Great, Zach!!
Big Score for Originality!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear! Appreciate it!

I've seen mason jars used for many things but this is new, definitely new!

I can see it being a new craze.....introducing the wide mouth mason jar pulled pork.....no plate needed cause its a meal!

Thanks! A wide mouth would be much better or the aformentioned plastic cups.

Dang Zach, those butts alone would have been great, but add that Sundae and it's totally awesome!

Really Nice job....

GREAT BIG LIKE!

John

Thanks John! The butts were one of the best ones I've done in awhile. They made great sliders and tacos. Soon to be more tamales if I can motivate myself again this soon haha.

Looks great,but there’s no way I could eat it. I have a hard time with food touching each other on a plate. You need a big spoon for that meal!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky