BBQ Brisket Enchiladas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldsmokerdude

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2018
LaPorte Indiana
Digging through the freezer for something to cook for dinner this weekend, when what to my wandering eyes did appear but a 1 pound package of brisket left over from a late summer smoke. Hmm, the possibilities are endless. After pondering what to do with this new found treasure, I decided on a spin off of a favorite south of the border dish: BBQ Brisket Enchiladas!!
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pound slow smoked, delicious Brisket chopped
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican blend
  • 1 1/2 cup Bar-B-Q Sauce (I used some of my home made sauce)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 8 corn tortillas
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8 x 11" or 9 x 13" baking dish with cooking spray or grease with shortening.
  • Stir together chopped brisket, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, and sour cream.
  • Spoon the meat mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll closed, and place each enchilada seam-side down in the prepared dish. (Place rolled enchiladas close together in the pan to keep them from unrolling.)
  • Pour about 1/2 cup more BBQ sauce over the enchiladas in the pan. Use a basting brush or spoon to spread the sauce evenly over the enchiladas.
    before baking.jpg

• Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
  • Remove foil, spread remaining 1 cup of cheese over the enchiladas. Drizzle a little more BBQ sauce over the cheese. Return to oven and bake 8-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
  • Serve hot out of the oven.
    bbq enchilada.jpg
    Okay, the picture isn't the best, but it sure tastes amazing.

I make my own corn tortillas and I've used brisket in enchiladas often but always with red sauce, never with BBQ sauce. I may try that next time. Looks tasty.

My oh my! I'm wishing I was the one who thought of this.

I've got a killer green chili enchilada sauce that I make with hatch green chilis that I can't wait to pair with my next brisket or pulled beef chuck.

Thanks for the inspiration!
Oh really, care to share your sauce?

For my green enchilada sauce I just use , and salsa Verde with crema fresca, and pureed chiles as desired for more flavor/heat.
Toasted and pureed Serrano chiles are my favorite.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky