BBB practice .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Bought a couple of boneless butts that I was gonna cure for ham . Who ever took the bone out must have lost his glasses . Anyway , made some sausage , but did some bacon . The first one was a couple weeks ago , was pretty lean , but was really good . Nice and smokey . I filled the 12" tube twice . I used oak pellets , hickory pellets , and a mix of apple and hickory wood chips . Great smoke on this one .
20180505_081116.jpg 20180505_081616.jpg
Fried up nice , smelled so good .
20180505_085227.jpg

Next one was last week . I like when it looks more like " bacon " This was perfect for coming of a pork butt .
Only ran the tube one time , but it smoked for 10 hours .
Came out great . I need to try some belly bacon , but this comes out real good .
20180609_002240.jpg 20180609_130421.jpg
20180611_093846.jpg 20180611_100045.jpg
The mix of the pellets and chips makes great flavor on bacon and hams .

Man that looks good, had not thought about slicing up a pork butt like that. Thanks for posting

Last edited:
Man that good, had not thought about slicing up a pork butt like that. Thanks for posting
Thanks for the comment . I should also note that I do these using Bear's method as a guide . The first one was boned and trimmed , that's why no fat cap on that one .

That Looks Perfect, Rich!!:)
Beautiful BBB!!
People who never made that don't know what they're missing!!
And So Easy!
Like.

Bear

People who never made that don't know what they're missing!!
And So Easy!
Thanks John . Yes it is easy . Extra time in the smoke and adding wood chips with the pellets makes great flavor .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky