Basic Cure and Ingredients Sit times??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pugsbrew

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
SE Ohio
Once I have mixed all the ingredients, including cure, how long do you let it sit before stuffing? Is there an advantage to letting it sit for awhile?

If, for some reason, I had to let it sit, what is the max time one would let it sit in frig before stuffing and smoking?

Thanks

I usually just let it sit in the fridge long enough to clean up the grinder.

If you let it sit too long it will thicken up & be harder to stuff.

But after stuffing I let it sit overnight in the fridge so the flavors mellow together before smoking.

Al

Once I have mixed all the ingredients, including cure, how long do you let it sit before stuffing? Is there an advantage to letting it sit for awhile?

If, for some reason, I had to let it sit, what is the max time one would let it sit in frig before stuffing and smoking?

Thanks
You can stuff and smoke right away but if you have no time, cover real good, fridge and your good for 4-5 days.

if you let it sit in the fridge. its going to be hell to get thru a stuffer ,

grind it , stuff it...... THEN if  you want refrigerate it before smoking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky