1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Barbeque that had both wood and gas

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by rugerlab, Dec 18, 2013.

1. rugerlab

rugerlab Fire Starter

I saw it last night and a friend wants to see it.  It was a barbeque that also had a wood tray that went above the gas burners.  You can put charcoal or sticks of wood in the tray.  I can't find it this morning.  I need your help.

Thanks

2. gomez93

gomez93 Meat Mopper

More info please.
    Several offsets are available with gas assist as are some commercial smokers. Smoke Hollow and others make little upright smokers that run on propane and use wood chips for smoke.

3. A friend adds gas to start fire and backup heat. I have thought about adding gas to my stick burner with a temp control I have for a fryer. Put probe in pit then set it to keep temp up if wood runs out. But haven't done it yet

4. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  5. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Jees JJ

13 to 20 K.  Just a LITTLE out of my league.  LOL

Gary

6. rugerlab

rugerlab Fire Starter

That's the one, I just saw a picture of it and didn't see the prices...  Good concept but not for that price.  I will stick with my Weber gas grill, Weber black kettle, and my Smoky mountain smoker.  That friend of mine said he is going for a green egg!

7. bdskelly

bdskelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Will they take a check??? [​IMG]

8. rugerlab

rugerlab Fire Starter

That's just crazy....  I work for a local government...  Dang I wish I won the lottery!!!!!!!!