Barbeque that had both wood and gas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rugerlab

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Montana
I saw it last night and a friend wants to see it.  It was a barbeque that also had a wood tray that went above the gas burners.  You can put charcoal or sticks of wood in the tray.  I can't find it this morning.  I need your help.

Thanks

More info please.
Several offsets are available with gas assist as are some commercial smokers. Smoke Hollow and others make little upright smokers that run on propane and use wood chips for smoke.

A friend adds gas to start fire and backup heat. I have thought about adding gas to my stick burner with a temp control I have for a fryer. Put probe in pit then set it to keep temp up if wood runs out. But haven't done it yet

Last edited:
That's the one, I just saw a picture of it and didn't see the prices...  Good concept but not for that price.  I will stick with my Weber gas grill, Weber black kettle, and my Smoky mountain smoker.  That friend of mine said he is going for a green egg!

This may be what you are talking about. It's a Hybrid with gas burners topped with a drawer that holds Splits or Charcoal. Any of the fuels or a combo can be used. It's the Kalamazoo Hybrid Grill. At a starting price of $13,695 to $20,695 they are about as stiff as you can get...JJ

http://kalamazoogourmet.com/products/hybrid-fire-grill/freestanding-grills/

Will they take a check??? 
laugh1.gif

That's just crazy....  I work for a local government...  Dang I wish I won the lottery!!!!!!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky