Baked Rice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ma?tley ca 1/4 e

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 12, 2006
Mobile, AL
I've been meaning to put this on for a while. I have never seen anyone outside of my immediate family cook this. It may be around, but everyone usually looks at me like I'm nuts. This recipe is easy to size to your needs.

2 sticks butter
2 cups rice
2 cans beef consumee

This works best cooked in a ceramic pot like Corning Ware.

Saute rice in butter over medium heat until the rice is nice and brown. Stirring constantly. This will take up to 20 minutes. Slowly add the consumee. Be careful it will splatter. Bake covered for 1 hour in 350 degree oven. Stir before serving.

This goes great with steaks, pork loin, brisket or just about anything.

Definately raw. It takes a little while to do. The butter will get real foamy, then calm down. It should be browned a short time after that.

Sounds like another good one to try
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks, Wes. I've been eating more rice lately than 'taters and just plain boiled rice gets real boring real fast. Nice to have a recipe that does things a little different.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky