• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baked Nachos

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Set up DO for 350°

This dish can be modified to your liking. The only definitive items you will need are tortilla chips and cheese.
In this batch I used fresh chopped jalapeno, diced tomato, sliced olives, diced onion, preheated re-fried beans, black beans & Tillamook colby jack cheese. You can add precooked meats, chili, different peppers different cheeses, smoked cheese etc.

You can also bake these in a cast iron pan in the oven. Again 350°

Start of by covering the bottom of the DO/pan with tortilla chips. Next add about a 1/3 of your toppings, then 1/3 of your cheese. Next add a another layer of chips add toppings, repeat once more. If doing this in the DO do this prior to heating it up. If in a conventional oven cook for 15-20 minutes.

Ready to bake

Out of the oven

ENJOY!!!!

Last edited:

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Damn good looking nachos! Never cooked them in a cast iron will have to try that next time.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Got a 17" lodge for Christmas I haven't gotten to break in yet. Sounds like a good excuse to me!
That'll be a mega load of nachos!You'll need more than one bag of tortilla chips!

FYI left over nachos make great chilaquiles the next morning.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
they look great. I can see a plate of those on my lap this weekend for the football games.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Looks good Case! I just made these without the cast iron pan the other day.

Good eating!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.