Baked Italian Redfish with Marinara over Linguini

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
This is a recipe I got from a buddy that has a fishing camp down in Grand Isle Louisiana. When you fish every weekend, you get tired of eating fried fish. Don't get me wrong-I do love fried fish....especially when fresh...but even I can't eat it every weekend. He created this recipe with what was in the pantry at the camp and lemme tell ya-it's a home run! Using Italian salad dressing as a marinate for anything is almost cliche'; but it really works for this dish. You need the oil to help seal the coating while baking and the acid in the dressing really makes the fish dance on the taste buds. This was dinner tonight at the firehouse for the guys....

(4) redfish fillets skin off, red line removed and clean of all red meat; cut into 3-4" pieces.
2 T. olive oil (or a little oil off the top of the dressing)
1 small bottle italian dressing
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
3/4 stick of butter
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

Make the marinara. I make homemade canned marinara with tomatoes from my garden, but you can just warm up store bought on the stove.
Next, marinate the fish pieces in the dressing while you wait for the oven to preheat to 375*F.
1597271545771.jpeg

When the oven is ready and the fish has marinated for about 10 minutes, dredge each fillet in a shallow pan with the Italian bread crumbs.
1597271546444.jpeg

Press the bread crumbs on tight for a thick coating and place on greased sheet pan (with the olive oil). place thin pats of butter on the fish...
1597271547066.jpeg

Then bake for 15 minutes. Start pasta water warming when you put the fish in the oven. When the timer on the fish is about done, start boiling the linguini pasta. When timer is up, remove fish from oven and cover with the Parmesan cheese.
1597271547913.jpeg

Bake for another 10 minutes and it's ready to serve.

1597273048262.jpeg

Drain pasta and let fish cool a few minutes...

1597273048828.jpeg

So simple, but man it is so good! Will work with any white flesh fish....fresh is the best though. Serve with garlic bread.

Last edited:
That looks and sounds like,a great preparation. The Dressing Marinade is an easy way to get those flavors, Garlic and Herbs, on the fish easily. Looking at the concept, I think I will try, the marinade, but bake the Fish Naked. I would still add Cheese to the top of the fish...Italian Grandmas, would Beat us for putting cheese on Seafood, but it tastes good...JJ

That looks fine to me. I've used Italian dressing on chicken, pork, and beef. But never thought of using it on fish. Very interesting.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky