Baked Beans from dry beans?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
Good morning.
I've always used canned pork & beans to make up baked beans, but with the Mrs's new restrictions the canned stuff just has too much Sodium.
I'm getting ready to try making it using dry kidney beans instead.
Any suggestions?

Good morning.
I've always used canned pork & beans to make up baked beans, but with the Mrs's new restrictions the canned stuff just has too much Sodium.
I'm getting ready to try making it using dry kidney beans instead.
Any suggestions?
Can't help, but you beat me to the question!

Yup! And if you have a instant pot. It is super easy. I've used this recipe many times for my drunkin beans. And you can adjust as you wish.

Yup! And if you have a instant pot. It is super easy. I've used this recipe many times for my drunkin beans. And you can adjust as you wish.
Thanks, Steve. We have an Instant Pot we got for Christmas a couple of years ago that has been used exactly 3 times. I may get it out and re-read the instructions...

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky