• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baked Beans from dry beans?

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Good morning.
I've always used canned pork & beans to make up baked beans, but with the Mrs's new restrictions the canned stuff just has too much Sodium.
I'm getting ready to try making it using dry kidney beans instead.
Any suggestions?

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Good morning.
I've always used canned pork & beans to make up baked beans, but with the Mrs's new restrictions the canned stuff just has too much Sodium.
I'm getting ready to try making it using dry kidney beans instead.
Any suggestions?
Can't help, but you beat me to the question!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Put some Baking Soda in the water it will help tenderize them.
Richie

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Yup! And if you have a instant pot. It is super easy. I've used this recipe many times for my drunkin beans. And you can adjust as you wish.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Yup! And if you have a instant pot. It is super easy. I've used this recipe many times for my drunkin beans. And you can adjust as you wish.
Thanks, Steve. We have an Instant Pot we got for Christmas a couple of years ago that has been used exactly 3 times. I may get it out and re-read the instructions...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.