• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Baked Beans and Smoked Jowl Bacon

inlaw123

Joined Feb 10, 2020
Here is my recipe for baked beans:
Put 2 or 3 cans of store brand baked beans [more if serving a larger group] in a casserole dish. Add 2 tablespoons of molasses, a teaspoon of mustard, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
Next, cut up 1/2 dozen slices of smoked jowl bacon and fry until fairly well done. Add a whole cut up cooking onion and saute until slightly softened. Then pour the onions, bacon, and bacon grease into the casserole and stir up. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
A photo would be nice!
Al

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Let me say welcome to the forum. Your beans sounds very good. But like Al said need a photo around here no photo it didn't happen.

Warren

inlaw123

Joined Feb 10, 2020
Let me say welcome to the forum. Your beans sounds very good. But like Al said need a photo around here no photo it didn't happen.

Warren
I will be making some beans and bacon pretty soon and will provide photos. I didn't know about the photo requirement. I'll also photo the next bacon roast for the forum as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.