bacon wrapped manzano banana's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
my daughter was complainig that all do is wrap bacon on all the meat's,    sooooooooooo i said that's not all we do  and therefore i made her these!

found some miniature manzano bananas at the wholefood store and couldn't resist

a635fa0b_8-8005.jpg

wrapped them whole with her bacon and a good brown sugar coating

89b2a87e_8-8006.jpg

on the left side,   had a couple other snacks along with them

5d7d5acc_8-8010.jpg

after smoking for a couple hours cherry wood and 200 temps

840dbadc_8-8012.jpg

got the guard dog standing watch

d326edd9_8-8015.jpg

quite tasty as we took a swim

she admits now that bacon is the right answer

thanks for looking

That's one I never heard of!!!

Looks great!!!!

Won't be long---Those Football feasts will be coming to Rick's house---Some of my favorite threads!

Pup Looks Ready too!!!

Thanks Rick,

Bear

That's just decadent!!!  I love it, ...those bananas are called "rios" here and they are sweeter than most, I'm gonna have to try that!

What's that on top of the shrimp, a slice of baguette, I'm always looking for new ways to cook shrimp, ...Mrs JPT can put away some shrimp.

Thanks for the ideas.

Gene

That's just decadent!!!  I love it, ...those bananas are called "rios" here and they are sweeter than most, I'm gonna have to try that!

What's that on top of the shrimp, a slice of baguette, I'm always looking for new ways to cook shrimp, ...Mrs JPT can put away some shrimp.

Thanks for the ideas.

Gene
gene    those are plantain slices on the shrimp   just use a ripe one so it isnt hard,    you should have plantains in tahiti?

Looking great Rick.  I bet those were mighty tasty.

gene  those are bananas    a plantain is similar but larger,  the plantain is harder than a banana  google plantains    you should have em in tahiti

Duh....

What was that thread about losing our memories...

Yes we have plantains here, I had two stands of them, but they we pulled up, they're called 'puru ini,' very good, ...cooked and served in fresh coconut milk, yum, everybody that passed by wanted to buy some, ...they were uprooted to plant flowers. 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Thanks Rick for jogging the memory.

Gene

WOW you wouldn't think the 2 would go together. I guess the saying "Everything is better with bacon" is right. Great job Rick!

They look delish. Great idea. Elvis put bacon and bananas together a long time ago. He didn't smoke them though. Plantains are great fried too. They are almost more like potato than they are banana.
Elvis knew what was good, just like we do!!!

He could sing a little better than me though!!  
biggrin.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky