Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon and Lobster Tails

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Afternoon folks. May 6 was oldest sons 17th birthday and wanted to make him something special. Being stuck at home for 2 months is hard on a young feller. Especially on a birthday. Had some filets I cut out of a whole beef tenderloin I picked up a couple weeks ago. Grabbed some lobster tails and it was on!

These are the filets rubbed up with Hardcore Carnivore Black rub. Its absolutely delicious
20200506_182307.jpg

20200501_185522.jpg

Looks like gunpowder. Tastes like Heaven
20200418_105543.jpg

Next I cut open the lobster tails. Loosened the shells and piggybacked the meat. Light dust of Old Bay. These are 12oz Tails
20200506_183701.jpg

Smoker was running 375 so threw on some bacon wrapped jalapenos and bacon wrapped asparagus.
20200506_183946.jpg

After bacon was crispy pulled off and put on the lobster. Ran the lobster about 15 min basting with garlic and truffle butter then put on the steaks
20200506_191340.jpg

After 5 more minutes on lobster. Pulled it and cranked up my sear flame on the smoker to finish off the steaks.
20200506_194114.jpg

Fixed me a plate and then my brain woke up and I realized there was no way I could eat all that lol. So my plate became mine and the wifes plate. Even then it was alot to handle
20200506_200206.jpg

Turned out delicious but most importantly my son had a great birthday. Between surf and turf and a new kayak he had the best birthday ever

Another awesome looking meal! Couldn't have gotten that good of a meal going out. Happy birthday to your son!

Ryan

A meal fit for a king! Nice work...happy birthday to your young man!

Fabamundo looking vittles right there Jake. You know my birthday is coming up in 4 months - what's on tap??

Point for sure
Chris

Another awesome looking meal! Couldn't have gotten that good of a meal going out. Happy birthday to your son!

Ryan
Thanks ryan and I agree. Why waste money going out when you can prepare a good quality meal at home for less money

Fabamundo looking vittles right there Jake. You know my birthday is coming up in 4 months - what's on tap??

Point for sure
Chris
Lmao@ fabamundo! Come on down to Tennessee. I'd be happy to cook for your bday. Thanks for the like chris

Dang!!!
Wish I was 17 again, especially if I got some eats like that !!!
Awesome.
I love that Plate.
Mrs Bear & I could share that, but She'd only eat the steak.
Like.

Bear

Dang!!!
Wish I was 17 again, especially if I got some eats like that !!!
Awesome.
I love that Plate.
Mrs Bear & I could share that, but She'd only eat the steak.
Like.

Bear
Appreciate it bear. Yeah it was like 3lbs of food lol. Glad I came to my senses and split with wife!

Very nice. Surf and turf is a great combo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky