Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts w/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

umrjake57

Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
O'Fallon, MO
Brined some chicken breasts in Tip's Brine for 2 hours.

eedce369_DSC00319.jpg

Coated in rub

91c00d2b_DSC00320.jpg

Wrapped in bacon and into the Smoker.  I smoked them at 225F for about an hour and a half until they hit 150F, then I turned the heat on high to crisp the bacon. 

475411c3_DSC00329.jpg

Pulled them at 165F.  Didn't get a sliced shot, they went too quick.  They were really good.

Just look at all the great food we can add to our bacon to make it taste better. :)

This qview gives me an idea. I have a bacon wrapped chicken recipe that uses a vinegar/ketchup sauce poured over it, the wife calls it "Don't breathe chicken" due to what vinegar does to you when you inhale it.

Smoking the chicken rather than grilling will add another dimension to it.

Really making me think too? Like to stuff those with some monterey cheese & green chilie's., then wrap up!! Man I'm hungry now

They were in the brine for about 2 hours, and cooked for about 2 hours (1.5 hours at 225F and 30 minutes on high to crisp the bacon).  I got them done just in time before the tornados started hitting the St. Louis area and we had to hide in the basement

my god, does that look good, how long did that take.

Looks amazing! i've smoke breasts but never wrapped in bacon. i'm sure it keeps them moist as the bacon fat drips off! mmm

what is Tip's Brine?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky