Bacon Weave Chicken Breasts W/ Potatoes Romanoff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What's that green stuff :emoji_smiley: - is that a vegetable?!

Just kidding - that chicken in particular looks outstanding. I have homemade bacon, so yet another cook to add to the list!

Thanks for the comment

Ha Ha , I know what you mean. I try to put some color on the plate and I was told it is good for you....maybe if I add bacon to it also.

I like my veg with a little crunch , that is why I steamed it in the pan with Soya Sauce for about 20 seconds

The bacon kept the chicken in a nice shape also for uniformed cooking, give it a whirl 🌪 🌪

David

Wow that’s a great looking meal! I bet the chicken bacon weave just had to be fantastic! I really like those Romanoff potatoes, that’s something I need to try for sure.

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

The bacon on the chicken was perfect , and I really loved the potatoes...I love trying different types of meals with potatoes. But this one will stay in regular rotation for sure.

Couple people mentioned so I am posting the recipe I used here ( it will be next after this ). There are lots of styles but I liked this one

David

Here is the recipe I used , it is by Karlynn Johnston, out of Edmonton I think. I like hers the best so far.
A must step to do is the wrap the cool baked potatoes in plastic wrap than chilled in the fridge . It keeps the skin soft so it will grate better for you later. I know this as I thought I could skip that step. Sometimes I am just too smart for myself. Than I did it the right way. lol
DSC_4172.JPG

David

I'm not sure who Romanoff is, but his taters look great!!! So does the chicken.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

The chicken was great , thanks to the basket weave lessons I learned on here from someone....lol Thank You
And I just posted right above here the recipe I used for the potatoes. It is first from a steak house somewhere, and there are lots of similar versions , but I like this one the best so far.

David

Absolutely spectacular David. That is one gorgeous meal across the board. Excellent job buddy.

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment,
it was a great meal for sure , and Mona even almost broke a smile. lol

Never knew you were out of commission but glad to hear you're back to feeling better. Being sick is never fun, especially for two weeks.

Yes it was a rough 2 weeks . I am saying stomach flew and fever for a day . Tried to keep up with the posts evewryone was doing . So now I'm playing catch up

Interesting you note this Charles. I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the weave. That's about as perfect as you can get.

Thanks to both of you for saying that I have done a few now . If you remember back to the Potatoe dome meal. That was a good one also

David

Wow! That looks fabulous! All the way around! Think I will dub thee..."King Spud" ! You do potatoes so many different ways and they all are spectacular! Glad you are feeling better as well!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow! That looks fabulous! All the way around! Think I will dub thee..."King Spud" ! You do potatoes so many different ways and they all are spectacular! Glad you are feeling better as well!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Ha Ha , I have been called a lot worse, and I do like making potatoes look good.

Yes not sure , was hoping it was just stomach flew, now not sure . After I eat get real upset stomach. might just be my cooking. I guess I better go see a Doc. Starting up again tonight. Does not matter what I eat . Even just a peanut butter sandwich. We will see

David

• Sad
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks great David. Excellent weave too! Great work, and those taters are trying to steal the show, lol.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great David. Excellent weave too! Great work, and those taters are trying to steal the show, lol.

Thanks Mike for the like and the comment

Yes the potatoes will be on my reg rotation for meals now. It is good and you can change up the spicing
for what ever you are having with them. That's why i added the Summer Savory to go with the chicken

David

Reactions: MJB05615
David, this looks killer...how did I miss it!

Thanks Dave for the like and the comment

It's all good , life keeps us all busy. I know I have missed things the last few weeks, trying to play catch up a little every other night .
It was a great cook. and the chicken breasts were perfect, and moist and full of flavor

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky