Bacon Weave Chicken Breasts W/ Potatoes Romanoff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Bacon Weave Chicken Breasts With Potatoes Romanoff

Well I finally got back to the smoker and eating, was not well for couple weeks . Hope not something I cooked ...lol

So 3 large chicken breasts , I deboned and Injected with Creole Butter ( Thanks to TNJAKE TNJAKE for this , he told me about it about a year ago and I still using it )
than let them sit in fridge for a couple hours with the juice
1A.JPG

While they are in the fridge I made 3 basket weave sheets of thick bacon, not mine I bought it. Once they were made I layered them and place in the fridge for an hour or so. Pulled them and chicken out and wrapped and than back in the fridge for another hour . Just to help hold the shape till smoke time. ( I used the wax paper to help roll the weave around the breast

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

So early this morning I baked off 4 med potatoes , let them cool . Than into fridge until ready to make the Potatoes Romanoff
Once the spuds were real cold I grated them , diced up the onions added the salt and pepper and garlic powder sour cream and grated Med. cheddar cheese
Lightly mix all together. You do not want mashed potatoes , you want it kind of chunky/ crumbly . Set that aside until the last 45 minutes before the meal.
And I know there are probaly many different recipes for this but just go by what you like . I did top mine with Summer Savory as it is with a chicken meal ( Romanoff is great with steak meals )

4.JPG

5.JPG

Put the chicken in the smoker at 300 deg. for 1 hour with Mesquite chips and chunks. Than up to approx 350 +/- deg. for almost 1 hour IT of 169 when I pulled them out

9.JPG

10.JPG

than out came the potatoes ( house oven for them ) i added extra cheddar on half because I had some left over.
8.JPG

Also I fried half an onion in CI than steamed some Broccoli with soya Sauce as a side

6.JPG
7.JPG

Plated and served it all up.

11.JPG

Potatoes were fantastic, nice texture and great flavor

12.JPG

And the Chicken breasts is one of the juiciest I have ever had . From the injection to the bacon wrap.
Big thumbs up from my sweet wife . So things are good

Thanks for getting to the end .

David

That looks outstanding David. Whole meal is wow. I love doing bacon wrapped breasts. Give the pickle juice brine and bacon wrap a try sometime. It's so damn good. Heck of a job bud

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That looks outstanding David. Whole meal is wow. I love doing bacon wrapped breasts. Give the pickle juice brine and bacon wrap a try sometime. It's so damn good. Heck of a job bud

Thanks Jake for the like and the comment

Yes was a great meal all round
And yes The pickle juice is on my list to try also.

David

Reactions: TNJAKE
Wow! That looks incredible! Great work all around, there isn’t one serving that didn’t come out on top! The chicken and weave were beautiful. Welcome back! Strong💪

Awesome looking dinner.... as i sit waiting for a pizza after work. Chicken looks beyond amazing. Nice plated shot.

Thanks for the like and the comment

Nothing wrong with pizza either, we try to have 1 almost every week

The chicken was the moistest I have had , whole meal was great

David

Wow! That looks incredible! Great work all around, there isn’t one serving that didn’t come out on top! The chicken and weave were beautiful. Welcome back! Strong💪

Thanks Jed for the love and the comment

Yes the whole meal was great and the chicken was the best, so juicy for breast meat

Thanks also, starting to get back on my feed, and coming around

David

What's that green stuff :emoji_smiley: - is that a vegetable?!

Just kidding - that chicken in particular looks outstanding. I have homemade bacon, so yet another cook to add to the list!

Absolutely spectacular David. That is one gorgeous meal across the board. Excellent job buddy.

Well I finally got back to the smoker and eating, was not well for couple weeks

Never knew you were out of commission but glad to hear you're back to feeling better. Being sick is never fun, especially for two weeks.

but that bacon weave looks the best

Interesting you note this Charles. I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the weave. That's about as perfect as you can get.

Robert

Great looking plate up David. First time I've seen bacon wrapped breasts.

How spicy is the Creole butter injection?

Thanks for the like and the comment

I have done the bacon on other items , thought it would help the dryness of the breast....and it did with the injection
And on the Creole Butter, it is all flavor I find no heat or over spicy at all. TNJAKE TNJAKE got me turned on to it about a year ago, now I am going to try pickle juice as mentioned by Jake also.

David

Reactions: one eyed jack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky