Bacon time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Loaded up 20# bacon using just a simple pink salt, kosher, brown sugar and pepper recipe. In the cure for 21 days. Smoked 16 hours over some apple wood. Rested about 4 days in fridge. Usually hot smoke but wanted to try a cold. Definitely different for slicing. Didn't freeze as long as usual. Had a piece stick to blade and fly across the kitchen. Labradoodle took care of that quickly! LOL Good eats! Dang it was cold as all get out and snowing so I had to give the Bradley a little blankie. Ran out of course ground black pepper so I had to go fine. Dang you 2021. Sliced some thin for ABT's, fatties, etc, Some thick for eating and some super thick St-acon which is great grilled and such. Found out the slicer does double stacked with no problem which certainly sped up the process.
IMG_1966 (2).jpg
IMG_2006.jpg
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg
IMG_2013.jpg

Man that looks great! Wanting to try doing my own bacon.
Jim
Thanks! It is so easy a caveman can do it! Like me. Just don't be stupid like me and actually follow directions. U got this!

Reactions: JLeonard
If it's as good as it looks you'll go through that in a hurry 20 lbs 20 days. Get that next batch going this weekend.✌

Reactions: jmusser
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky