• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bacon time!

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 11, 2020
Loaded up 20# bacon using just a simple pink salt, kosher, brown sugar and pepper recipe. In the cure for 21 days. Smoked 16 hours over some apple wood. Rested about 4 days in fridge. Usually hot smoke but wanted to try a cold. Definitely different for slicing. Didn't freeze as long as usual. Had a piece stick to blade and fly across the kitchen. Labradoodle took care of that quickly! LOL Good eats! Dang it was cold as all get out and snowing so I had to give the Bradley a little blankie. Ran out of course ground black pepper so I had to go fine. Dang you 2021. Sliced some thin for ABT's, fatties, etc, Some thick for eating and some super thick St-acon which is great grilled and such. Found out the slicer does double stacked with no problem which certainly sped up the process.
IMG_1966 (2).jpg
IMG_2006.jpg
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg
IMG_2013.jpg

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That is some fine looking bacon!
Al

olaf

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 4, 2017
If it's as good as it looks you'll go through that in a hurry 20 lbs 20 days. Get that next batch going this weekend.✌

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great Jarod!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.